Roden 1/144 SVC10 kit arrives

A place to discuss scale variants of the VC10 design. Topics about die-cast models, kits or any other scale versions are welcome.
Broadwas

Roden 1/144 SVC10 kit arrives

Post by Broadwas »

Just a conformation that the long awaited Roden Super VC10 kit is now selling on ebay. My first few EAA versions are in the post, BOAC examples will be following shortly. I couldn't resist buying a couple of 1/144 ICM Il 62's (Commie copies) to build alongside the VC10's :D

From what others in the USA tell me, some parts for a K3 are included with the EAA kit. Namely the in flight refueling probe and the centre line HDU. But NOT the wing mounted HDU's. I'm told that this is at last a 'proper' 1/44 scale replica of the real thing, time will tell if it's as good as that but we can live in hope.

On ebay they're making around £30.00 or so (from Germany) inc P&P with nothing extra to pay. Hopefully this new kit will end the insane pricing of the Airfix kit. Hannants do not appear to have any stock yet.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: Roden 1/144 SVC10 kit arrives

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I think that they are also in stock at my local shop, which just happens to ship almost everywhere: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/vicker ... art=134751
Looks like the BOAC version sold well, it's showing as temporarily out of stock: http://www.aviationmegastore.com/vicker ... art=134752
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Broadwas

Post by Broadwas »

Now in stock with Hannants price £25.99. I've only checked the EAA version I assume the BOAC example will also be in stock. Time to buy a few more I think :D
linuxyeti

Post by linuxyeti »

Hi all

The tanker version is now also for sale, I have one winging it's merry way from Poland as I type.

Cheers

Tony
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I had a look at the BOAC and EAA versions today:
RodenVC10s_0.jpg
RodenVC10s_1.jpg
RodenVC10s_3.jpg
RodenVC10s_4.jpg
With thanks to the Aviation Megastore for allowing me to take these photos.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.