Hello!

Looking for someone? Want to get in touch with other enthusiasts? This would be the place to post a message.
XR807

Hello!

Post by XR807 »

Hello all,

As a long time VC10 enthusiast, and at the suggestion of fellow member ACLVC10, I have just joined this excellent forum and thought it polite to introduce myself. I am a long time enthusiast of Vickers finest and am an avid photographer, model builder and collector of VC10 paraphernalia. Some of you may have seen my black Astra (yes the Avatar is my vehicle registration) lurking around Brize and numerous other UK airfields.

Why XR807, well that was the first VC10 I flew on a as a pimply faced CCF cadet back in 1976. Strangely enough I became reacquainted with the same aircraft exactly 30 years later when as a MOD liaison officer I flew on her again on an AAR sortie over France where our trade was Super Etendards, Mirage F1s and Mirage 2000s. I even bought a row of passenger seats for my study which came out of XR807 after she was sent for scrapping at Bruntingthorpe!

I look forward to conversing with fellow enthusiast on this forum and I thank the moderator for accepting me, Cheers one and all!

Mark
ACLVC10

Re: Hello!

Post by ACLVC10 »

Welcome to the forum Mark, enjoy :)
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Hi Mark, welcome to vc10.net!

Your car registration plate is fantastic =D> I'd love to hear more about what your collection of "paraphernalia" consists of! :-)////)
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Thumper wrote:Hi Mark, welcome to vc10.net!

Your car registration plate is fantastic =D> I'd love to hear more about what your collection of "paraphernalia" consists of! :-)////)
Me too, missed that bit, I've got a couple bits myself :):)
ACLVC10