New (temporary!) career for ZD241

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Last edited by Jelle Hieminga on Sat May 31, 2014 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Wrong VC10!
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Bill1980

Re: New (temporary!) career for XR808

Post by Bill1980 »

That's on ZD241.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

What happened to all the cutlery when it shot up the runway on Sunday? :lol:
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Oops, my mistake! I've edited my post now. I've never seen the inside of ZD241 and assumed it to be BOB. That's what happens when you don't follow Facebook.... :(
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Will they venture into deliveries? Not sure there's room for a VC10 to park up down my road :)
ACLVC10
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Thumper wrote:What happened to all the cutlery when it shot up the runway on Sunday? :lol:
This was done as an advertising opportunity after the run on Sunday. Gary Spoors posted a couple of photos about it on the facebook page on the 28th May.
ACLVC10

Re: New (temporary!) career for ZD241

Post by ACLVC10 »

So it's not really happening then, just a publicity stunt?? Getting really confused here as I thought GJD were holding the aircraft until such time the group can afford the aircraft.
ACLVC10
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

ACLVC10 wrote:I thought GJD were holding the aircraft until such time the group can afford the aircraft.

Gary stated at the AGM that he wants the group to eventually raise the funds to buy 241 from him and to help with maintenance and running costs in the interim.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Magnum wrote:
ACLVC10 wrote:I thought GJD were holding the aircraft until such time the group can afford the aircraft.

Gary stated at the AGM that he wants the group to eventually raise the funds to buy 241 from him and to help with maintenance and running costs in the interim.
So with this in mind does that mean this restaurant thing is going ahead to help with costs etc??

Sorry for all the questions but I'm sure I'm raising the same concerns of others that couldn't make the AGM.
ACLVC10
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

I think you'll find it was a publicity stunt and nothing more...
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Tonkenna wrote:I think you'll find it was a publicity stunt and nothing more...
Hope so
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Like many others I couldn't attend the AGM and I don't view Facebook everyday so I had no idea of any background on this. There was certainly a bit of uproar over the possibility of ZA148 being turned into a restaurant so naturally this has sparked the same anxiety, particularly as the way the article is written it sounds like this guy owns a VC10 and has already turned it into a restaurant plus the photographs both outside and in is of ZD241.

It's very difficult for those not in the loop, be it through social media, AGM's or private meets, to keep up to date. When articles such as this are posted on this forum, what I would call 'the hub' for VC10 information, speculation and confusion is bound to happen.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Thumper wrote:Like many others I couldn't attend the AGM and I don't view Facebook everyday so I had no idea of any background on this. There was certainly a bit of uproar over the possibility of ZA148 being turned into a restaurant so naturally this has sparked the same anxiety, particularly as the way the article is written it sounds like this guy owns a VC10 and has already turned it into a restaurant plus the photographs both outside and in is of ZD241.

It's very difficult for those not in the loop, be it through social media, AGM's or private meets, to keep up to date. When articles such as this are posted on this forum, what I would call 'the hub' for VC10 information, speculation and confusion is bound to happen.
My thoughts exactly
ACLVC10
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Hope so
It was.... to be honest, how could a full blown curry house have appeared overnight in a VC10 parked on an airfield that has restricted access. A business idea maybe, but Gary has invested a great deal of cash and time into 241 for him to sell it for this, so not a long term plan for a VC10!

Made me smile though... VC10s and curries have gone together wonderfully in my life :mrgreen:

Tonks :lol:
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Tonkenna wrote:
Hope so
It was.... to be honest, how could a full blown curry house have appeared overnight in a VC10 parked on an airfield that has restricted access. A business idea maybe, but Gary has invested a great deal of cash and time into 241 for him to sell it for this, so not a long term plan for a VC10!

Made me smile though... VC10s and curries have gone together wonderfully in my life :mrgreen:

Tonks :lol:
Well, you never know, these curry house owners do have a habit of appearing anywhere :) :)
ACLVC10