ZD241 updates

Any VC10 related discussions.....
TheATeam

ZD241 updates

Post by TheATeam »

Hi all

For those that are not on Facebook etc etc, just thought we would let you all know how 241 is doing.

Sunday was another successful day with with both plenty of people queuing to see her and also her thunderess run up the runway. This was all after a hydraulic leak had been discovered on Sunday morning, which we managed to fix with time to spare! Sorry that we didn't get time to speak with many of you but sadly the leak took all of our time up.

Next on the agenda for the a team is to put 241 to bed for the winter, which we are planning to do in a few months once the team can work out a date when their all available. We also have a few minor snags to fix and other general bits and pieces we want to do.

Back in February, we started with a jet that needed engines and systems reconnecting and other major work carrying out on it and now some 7 months later we have completed in both the open days. Thanks must go to Steve, Gary F, John, Mark and Tonks for all there hard work and efforts over the last few months. Also thanks to Bill, Rich, Stewart and Rob for all there help along the way. Also thanks to the VC10derlovingcarers and those that helped man the aircraft.

Lastly, the biggest thanks go to Gary Spoors and GJD. This project would never have happened without there help and support. Most people will never realise the amount to help that they have supplied, not just in terms of finance, but in equipment, manpower and anything else we have needed along the way.

We hope plenty of you have managed to see 241 and we hope to see many of you in the future!

Regards

The A Team
Gsxr600

Re: ZD241 updates

Post by Gsxr600 »

Thanks so much for giving us the opportunity to see a live VC10 this year, would be tragic if another type became a silent museum exhibit.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Your work is definitively appreciated! See also the most recent post in the guest book here: http://www.vc10.net/gb/view.php
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
JamesGTR

Post by JamesGTR »

Everyone involved in keeping and maintaining 241 in a running and serviceable condition deserves the utmost thanks and respect. I imagine its not an easy job to say the least and is extremely costly at the best of times. However, to see 241 thunder down the runway like a scalded cat is a sight and sound to behold, and for me the VC10 will always steal the show at these events because I grew up standing at the threshold of Brize runway with VC10's on finals and missed approaches for many years. No doubt my hearing ability has somewhat reduced especially with the missed approaches right above your head, but to still have a serviceable and running VC10 is something definitely to be proud of.

If any help is required putting 241 to bed for the winter months then please just ask, I'm not from an aircraft/aerospace background but I am from an engineering background and would be happy to help with any task if required...

Great work!

James
bobisqueen

Post by bobisqueen »

Thought I would just give everyone on here a quick update on 241

The A team managed to get a couple of days together where we all could attend (this proved to be very difficult!) and get 241 ready for the winter. 241 was in excellent shape and had been moved a few times by GJD so the wheels and brake were all in good shape. We carried out a flap and slat lube and also lubed the parts of the main and nose gear which still move during the taxi runs. The high idle on the number 4 was rectified, The throttle cable had moved round on the FCU pulley due to one of the swaged fittings failing. We carried out high and low power runs and there were no problems to report. We reconnected one of the cabin compressors and ran some air though out the airframe during the runs which hopefully blew out any cobwebs! As well as all this the standard checks were also carried out (water drains of the fuel tank, oil/hyd levels, flying control and systems operations. As always, she was well behaved!

We at 241 hope you all have a good Christmas and hope to see you at Bruntingthopre for one of the open days next year!

PS We have an exciting range of merchandise that we will soon be hitting the street, Watch this space!
ACLVC10

ZD241 updates

Post by ACLVC10 »

Many thanks for your update, Merry Christmas to all at 241.

Can't wait to see what merchandise is available, when is it likely to be hitting the shops??

Andy
bobisqueen

Post by bobisqueen »

Hopefully very soon Andy, its the first time any of us have done something like this so its taking a bit longer to get things sorted.
ACLVC10

ZD241 updates

Post by ACLVC10 »

bobisqueen wrote:Hopefully very soon Andy, its the first time any of us have done something like this so its taking a bit longer to get things sorted.
Make sure you announce it on here as I'm sure there's plenty of eager customers ;)

Andy
EGDGZTCW

Post by EGDGZTCW »

.... eager customer standing by ..... :D
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Anyone have any news on when we can expect this long awaited merchandise to be hitting the shelves??

Or was mine and Helen fund raising efforts all a waste of time ...........

Andy
TheATeam

Post by TheATeam »

The merchandise which we are arranging has taken a back seat at the moment due to work commitments of the A team. (Between the members of the a team who are arranging the merchandice they are a mix of full time RAF and winter contractors so spare time has been very little)

Re your t shirts, you need to speak with the lovingcarers committee, that is seperate to what we are doing, which is well documented in other threads on this forum

Regards
The a team
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Oh I thought the money raised from the "commemerative Bob shirts" was going towards the purchase of merchandise to help raise more funding for 241.

Many thanks for the update never the less.

Andy
ACLVC10
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Andy

The polo shirt money is safely banked and is available to fund merchandise or to assist the running costs of 241, when we receive a request for it from the A Team.

Best regards.

Dave
Chairman
VC10der Loving Carers
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Dave

Many thanks for the update.

Not sure whether there has been a newsletter recently but could you make sure that I am still on the list.

Many thanks

Andy
ACLVC10
TheATeam

Post by TheATeam »

Without wishing to get into a bun flight, we would like to make it clear that running costs are currently fully funded by GJD, the aircraft owner not the ATeam.