ZD241 updates

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Murray Keene

Re: ZD241 updates

Post by Murray Keene »

Im a shift engineer at Heathrow now and any help I can offer for maintenance I would be happy to come up for my 4 days off and get covered in Skydrol or avtur.

bobisqueen

Post by bobisqueen »

Murray

Thanks for the offer, please drop me a PM on here.

Ollie

TheATeam

Post by TheATeam »

We have had a few days on 241 last weekend and just thought I'd let you know how it went.

She is in good condition after her winter lay up, with Bill who lives the closest, Regularly opening her up to air her and give her a good look over.

Amongst the normal system run ups and inspections etc, The seats had been removed over the winter and these were refitted, The hydraulic systems needed a good exercise as there was lots of air and we had to bleed the AC pump before we could get any pressure, the tyres were topped up as well as the L/H oleo. We have isolated the APU starting problem to the fuel feed line, not the APU. We have modified our pre start check to take this into account and she started fine every time after this.

On the Sunday we had the opportunity to give her a slow trundle up the runway and she was good as gold, ending the day with no faults.

We would like to say thank you to Bill, Dave and Stewart that came and helped over the weekend and a massive thank you to the The T-Baggers (The Buccaneer Aviation Group) for all their help and hospitality!

Lastly and by no means least GJD for their continued support of the aircraft!

Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

Have the detuners managed to be saved from BZN? I noticed them being taken down. All the new gubbins wasnt on them in my day , just 4 big pipes I see they had a nice comfy weather shelter built around them at the end! I remember many hours sat under those Conways on long lead and throat mic in sun rain and all weather.

would be ideal if they could be saved and set up at Brunty for max chat runs!

TheATeam

Post by TheATeam »

I'm not sure what happened with the tubes after they were taken down, but they were in a poor shape when I last used them a few years back.

We wouldn't want them at Brunty anyway, that would make the 10 sound so boring!!

Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

TheATeam wrote:We wouldn't want them at Brunty anyway, that would make the 10 sound so boring!!

:lol: =D>

EGDGZTCW

Post by EGDGZTCW »

Sorry if I have missed this info elsewhere but when is the next Taxi run planned for ZD241?
If timing is right and I am 'up country' I would like to come and see it.

Chris

TheATeam

Post by TheATeam »

Chris

Our next run will be at the Bruntingthorpe open day on the 24th May.

If you do happen to be around, please pop by and say hello!