Imperial teaspoons!

Any VC10 related discussions.....
vololiberista

Imperial teaspoons!

Post by vololiberista »

I never knew that such a measurement existed other than in cooking!
According to my "stupid" phone the Super VC10 had a capacity of 14,853,120 teaspoons of fuel precisely!
How long would that take to refuel I wonder!!
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Imperial teaspoons!

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I guess that depends. How many teaspoons can you use simultaneously?
Tonkenna

Re: Imperial teaspoons!

Post by Tonkenna »

About 172 days at 1 per second!
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
mike j

Post by mike j »

Would be a challenge for a QTR downroute, that is if you could get an imperial teaspoon!!!

:?
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

I suppose stuck in a desert outpost somewhere, a call for a teaspoon from the galley to help refuel and a radio message saying the flight has been delayed 6 months for technical reasons!
nickwilcock

Post by nickwilcock »

Following a smoke event during an air test, a rivet head was found in part of an air conditioning compressor. In order to rule out possible sabotage (this was around the time that 'Scrapheap Challenge' St.Athan was being handed over), a thorough search was conducted of the aeroplane, one of the RAF's ex-BOAC, ex-Gulf Air VC10K2s.

It was found that the 'stall dump' lever had probably never been connected as a vital pin was missing and the hole into which the pin was supposed to be fitted showed long term surface corrosion. The lift-rate modifier hadn't been connected either, as its cables were found to have been stuffed behind some insulation material.....

But most intriguingly, in the depths of the aeroplane a BOAC silver teaspoon was found! That must have been in the aircraft during its entire service time with Gulf Air, as well as conversion by BWoS into a K2.....and its subsequent career with the RAF.

The following air test went fine though and the aircraft was soon back at Brize.