VC10 embroidered badges

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Murray Keene

VC10 embroidered badges

Post by Murray Keene »

Hi folks
sadly I lost EVERYTHING I own in a flood a couple of years ago including my beloved flying suit, boots, gloves etc all of these had my squadron badges, name tags etc on. I have had to start over but many items are irreplaceable - I doubt I can get hold of any replacement VC10 badges but just asking in case any of the old boys had one they would sell me? :(

I had a AES base hangar badge that was, I believe, made just for us in the hangar so was very treasured does anyone know of any of these or related VC10 patches? I also had a Vickers patch.

Also does anyone know the name of the company that made our 'crew' name badge - (the rectangular badge with aircraft logo and name) worn left shoulder?

this is one of the patches Im looking for! We were all given one of these back in the day sadly it went the same way as my flying suit and rare patches washed away down the Thames!

Many Thanks
Attachments
AES-small_zps62cf0732.jpg
AES-small_zps62cf0732.jpg (150.45 KiB) Viewed 8151 times
Last edited by Murray Keene on Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:49 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Tonkenna

Re: VC10 embroidered badges

Post by Tonkenna »

Hi Murray,

The photo needs to be hosted on the net... if you end it to me I can do that for you and post it...

Take Care,

Andy :D
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

VC10 embroidered badges

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

You can also upload it as an attachment when you post. The controls for that are below the main entry field when you create a new post.
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

cheers guys! :D

EDIT AHAAAA. pic posted!
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Hi Murry,

There has been one of those on eBay several times over the last few months... if I see it again I will send you a link. TBH it is probably a new copy though as originals of those are like "hen's teeth"!!!!

BTW... the company you are looking for is probably Terrane.

Andy
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

Thanks Andy
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

Im now the proud owner of a cabin compressor bung and flag :D thanks ebay!! seen a nice P1 pitot too!

at this rate I can rebuild my OWN aircraft :lol:
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

Nice one - like my old one before it got washed too many times on my overalls before the days of velcro on our flying suits and overalls :cry:

Im now the proud owner of a cabin compressor bung :D I remember stuffing these in every AF and pulling them out on frosty mornings as the fog rolled in across the pan! Happy days ! Even came in the original plastic bag with the stores reference number!!!

Im now after an engine intake blank to use as a pool in the garden!
Attachments
bung.jpg