ZA148 - RR Conway Engine Plate missing

Any VC10 related discussions.....
EGDGZTCW

ZA148 - RR Conway Engine Plate missing

Post by EGDGZTCW »

As I am sure most of you are aware, the Newquay site housing ZA148 is currently in a bit of a "transitional" state to say the least. Busy as we are in clearing up, it was with great annoyance that I discover this afternoon that a person or persons unknown, has removed the engine plate from the side of our Conway engine previously on display in the hangar.

Access here as been somewhat limited since closure last October, so it is entirely possible that it has been gone for some time.... I just didn't notice until I was standing next to it with a colleague this afternoon as we were checking its cover. I have been so focused on ensuring the safety of the 'collectibles' onboard that I never gave this little plate a second thought. I am kicking myself now I didn't remove it myself when I had the chance..... but where do you draw the line ?

Anyway, I guess it's gone for good but could I ask all of you out there to please keep your eyes and ears open just in case.

Many thanks,
Chris in Newquay

Last edited by EGDGZTCW on Wed May 06, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bobisqueen

Re: ZA148 - RR Conway Engine Plate missing

Post by bobisqueen »

Do you know what the S/n of the engine was? I will promote this on the vc10 Facebook pages to Chris.
EGDGZTCW

Post by EGDGZTCW »

Sadly not to hand...although I guess we have a record somewhere. As I understand it was the No 1 engine from 148.
EGDGZTCW

Post by EGDGZTCW »

A photo of the data plate kindly supplied by Andy Roselli a fellow enthusiast. Taken at Nqy during a visit last year.

Chris
Attachments
image.jpg
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I've copied the message to my Facebook page, it's a slim chance but perhaps something will turn up. Perhaps Gary Spoors can get you a replacement plate? I don't know what he's done with the engines that have been removed at Bruntingthorpe.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
EGDGZTCW

Post by EGDGZTCW »

Bumps a daisy !

Just to say that this data plate is still at large. Can I ask you all to share the photo out and about again on as many forums etc, as you can.

We do feel that the plate was removed rather more recently than previously thought. With the up and coming aerojumble and airshow season underway please keep an eye out.

I am also keen to point out that it is ok to return the plate under plain cover to me at Newquay or however is necessary, I just would like it back please.

Many thanks again for your support.

Chris with ZA148 at Newquay
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I've pushed the issue to the top of my Facebook page again, hope it helps!
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
EGDGZTCW

Post by EGDGZTCW »

Thank you Jelle
EGDGZTCW

Post by EGDGZTCW »

Bumps a daisey......

Just to highlight that our Conway data plate is still out there somewhere..please keep an eye out

Thank you
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Would be nice to see it returned to the engine before it gets reinstalled to 148.

Andy
ACLVC10