A little update on 241

Any VC10 related discussions.....
bobisqueen

A little update on 241

Post by bobisqueen »

Sorry I havnt posted an update on 241 for a while! I forget that not all use Facebook.

Following some regular maintenance over the winter we will be having some time on 241 this weekend. The team and it's loyal volunteers are hoping to give her a wash and get her ready for a photoshoot on Sunday. We will also be carrying out some work to keep her in tip top condition. I will hopefully post some photos of the weekend on here. If anybody is visiting the museum on Sunday, please do come and say hello
bobisqueen

Re: A little update on 241

Post by bobisqueen »

A very successful weekend was had!

For the first time since we started we had all the equipment available to give her a proper wash, the guys and girls worked hard to scrub her getting her nice and clean (or as much as he patch work grey can look clean). The troublesome pax door was fixed after finding out the tensator spring had snapped causing the door to jam on closing. The lower radio bay hatch was reworked so it fits properly.
Flying controls etc were lube'd and exercised. We had a issue with the A system flaps which was traced to a dirty electrical connector which worked fine after a clean. On top of all this we carried out the normal anti det tasks and ground runs. We also fully worked the air conditioning systems blowing out many unwanted moisture. Some small areas of corrosion on the upper wing were treated and protected in preparation for the next maintenance weekend.

We welcomed some more new members of the team this weekend and now have a really board gang of experience, enthusiasm, knowledge and ability along with those who have joined to learn more. We simply can not do what we do without the help of all those people that give up there free time to join us. its get to have a team like this.

As a team we are always open to new ideas and if anybody has any, please let us know.

Ollie