ZA150 Wings & Wheel Hi Speed Run Cancelled

Any VC10 related discussions.....

ZA150 Wings & Wheel Hi Speed Run Cancelled

Post by 1103 »

I regret to report that the organisers of the Dunsfold Wings & Wheels Show at the end of August have pulled the plug on our hi speed run. There is nothing wrong with the aircraft but the organisers are paranoid of us having a tech fault on the runway and closing it. Why ZA150 is more likely to fail than a 70+ year old DC-3 or B-25 has not been explained.

We did suggest that we were the last 'act' of both days but that fell on deaf ears. Apparently at the end of the show they are anxious to open the runway to allow cars access to the northern exit. But isn't the VC10 part of the show? When we finish, the show finishes.

They also claim that their research shows there is not enough interest in see the VC10 in action. Hardly surprising when they make us do the run at 09:30, when people are only just arriving. Feedback from our visitors is that they are disappointed to have missed the run.
jazzie

Re: ZA150 Wings & Wheel Hi Speed Run Cancelled

Post by jazzie »

Hi
Have just registered on this site because my late father-in-law was a BA VC10 pilot. Agree that it is very disappointing there will be no taxi run at W & W. My wife is hugely put out as we booked tickets especially for it. Hope the engine run still goes ahead on Sunday afternoon.

Does anyone know if there is a timetable for other VC10 taxi runs at Dunsfold? We really don't want to have to go to Bruntingthorpe, too far.

Great website - wish I had seen it before.

Cheers, Jazzie
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

jazzie wrote:Does anyone know if there is a timetable for other VC10 taxi runs at Dunsfold? We really don't want to have to go to Bruntingthorpe, too far.

Great website - wish I had seen it before.

Cheers, Jazzie
Welcome to the forum Jazzie! As far as I know there is no fixed schedule but I do try to announce these events on the site. And if I forget Paul will remind me I'm sure.

Hope you still had a good day at Dunsfold.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.

Post by 1103 »

Hi jazzy,

I hope you enjoyed the engine runs on Sunday. We were all as disappointed as you about the loss of the hi speed run. The reasons were organisational rather than a technical fault with the aircraft.

Currently the signs are good for us to perform hi-speed runs on both days of next year's show.

With regard to further open days as well as being posted here you will also be able to find information on the Brooklands Museum website and 150's own Facebook page.

https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com

https://www.facebook.com/groups/ZA150/

Paul