Last BA VC-10

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Stewart

Re: Last BA VC-10

Post by Stewart »

However, the last BA/BOAC vc-10 to fly was G-ASGM, retiring from RAF service in March 2013. I believe she is also the last BOAC delivers airframe if any type to fly
PaulN

Re: Last BA VC-10

Post by PaulN »

johnh wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:59 pm Hi Pauln ,
I have just seen your message regarding the last VC10 flight as I was also on the same shift as you in Control Centre and was the duty officer who authorised the change of transport to a coach. The flight was delayed from its scheduled morning departure due to a thunderstorm causing a flooded runway at ABB. The flight details were as follows - G-ASGL Flt number BA9441P Dep LHR 1505z from RWY 28l Arr ABB 1550z and the Captain was Bill Outram.
In addition to you and I on board were some staff from the VC10 Flt Mngrs office and also the Flt Training Mngrs office and I think we may have set a record for the number of people on a VC10 flt deck for a landing. As I recall on the return journey we parked the coach in a discreet side road, the crew removed their rank marking from their shirts and we all adjourned to a nearby hostelry for a farewell the the VC10 drink. Happy days !
Hi John

Sorry for the VERY late response Thank you very much for the info .. thats the one perfect , still got my "flight ticket" here some where . I will always remember Capt Outram turning to the SEO and asking for 99% power , after a quizical look , he the said " well I want to keep something in reserve !!"
I seem to also remember Terry I think going to the Hatton Cross area to take photos...said it was the most impressive T/O he had seen for a long while !!

Also blagged trip on G-ASGC when she was delivered to Duxford , again Capt Outram at the controls , thats another story !!

Ah the pub !! as you say happy days

Thanks John , and everyone else who has kindly commented

Paul