XV102 to retire?

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Tonkenna

Re: XV102 to retire?

Post by Tonkenna »

11 days for an engine change, lol... Did you build one from scratch :lol: :lol:

I liked 102, but had more fun in poor old 107!

Tonks --+0+--
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
Laurieg

Post by Laurieg »

Tonks,
You would not believe what went wrong on that trip! We went with another frame to replace 102. We could not get into Pope so went to Charlseton for a night. Tried the next day and same happened, Fog. The Herc got there with the engine but we arrived 2 days late. During the change we found that one of the support strops was manufactured too short so had to get one flown out via Raleigh Durham, (that was a fun drive). After the change we then got told that we had the choise of flying up to Dulles and waiting for the dip bag for 4 days, (with a risk of stopping over xmas), or go home on the herc. No contest and I was put in charge of 8 very boisterous linies, (to put it mildly), to show them the delights of Washington :-({{|= You can imagine how relieved I was to get home!
Never had a GE's wallet. It was always empty when I got back but I always had a smile on my face :-)
Chris K

Post by Chris K »

chirtman wrote:Many many thanks to Chris K for the advance heads up, it's so difficult to get any solid info on these flights. Being fairly local I managed to get to Brunty for XV107 to see her low approach, lovely lovely sight.

Thanks again,
Chris
You're welcome! I wish I could have been there, too, to see her come in.
DangerMouse

Post by DangerMouse »

Back into work mid week, will give any updates if there are any (except XV101 leaving of course.)

Last I heard there weren't any more due until next year...