tales of the unexpected...

Any VC10 related discussions.....
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

Anyone know which vc10 was on the episode hijack and where it was filmed?? It's an absolutely ludicrous series from years ago but some episodes are entertaining.. looks like a ba plane which was maybe retired. Think the programme was made in 81. Has some extensive shots both inside and out of the vc10.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: tales of the unexpected...

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I had never seen this show before, but it is quite fun actually:

Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
johnboy

Post by johnboy »

It certainly has a good theme tune! I think it was an aircraft that belonged to British airways and had been retired because of the blue underside. It was perhaps the end of the line for that particular aircraft. Did many remain in passenger airline service until recently? Was not aware those tail mounted aircraft had the range to go to the u.s.a...no rear airstair though. I think that episode had been inspired by db coopers escapade!
petet16

Post by petet16 »

I think it was Duxford, the series was made by Anglia Television based in Norwich.
vc10boy

Post by vc10boy »

yes it was GASG-C at duxford,i knew john e clarke who looked after GC in her first years at duxford,he mentioned to me she was used in tales of the unexpected..the quality of the programme nosed dived after Roald Dahl stopped writting the stories..as part of the deal anglia tv rewired and got all the interior lights working..i herd GC,s having trouble with corrosion up in her tail?..31 years sat out in the elements?...not good
vc10boy,s photo,s of VC10,s over the years...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/116993858@N08/sets/