BOB

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Manofmendip

Re: BOB

Post by Manofmendip »

ATC times are always zulu (GMT). I would get there well early, I have found things can happen earlier than planned.

From Northumberland Brize is further for you than Bruntingthorpe, surely?
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Thanks Mendip, I was pretty sure they were GMT but thought I would check first! I'm aiming on getting there an hour early, so being there at 10am, do you reckon that's good enough? I judge this on 148 leaving Yeovilton last week, we were told 11:45 by air ops and she left at 11. Better early as there ain't much you can do about it if you're late! If we're early then I'll just drool over the Victor which can easily take up an hour of my time :wink:
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

You are welcome, I've just checked the GMT issue with Squark, who works for NATS and he confirms.

I went to Brize to see a regular tanking sortie, last month, due off at 9.40 and I was 3 miles away and saw it go up at 9.10!

Dave
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Manofmendip wrote:From Northumberland Brize is further for you than Bruntingthorpe, surely?
Absolutely. Mileage I can manage. Missing my final chance to catch 'Bob' I can't. If needs be I'd rather spend an extra couple of hours in the car to get better pics but it looks like I'll not need to.

Like Thumper it looks like Brunty. All I need to do now is convince Mrs Power...
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Sorry Thumper, getting you mixed up with Flour Power, re: Northumberland.

Dave
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

No worries, I'm the opposite way around from Flour Power, Brize is closer but I'm plumping for Brunty and a go around =P~

I'm so excited but I am also really sad at the same time. Thankfully my other half is VC-10 mad so no convincing needs to take place, he's already drawing up the route and stalking Google Earth for the best spot. All I can suggest FP is that you state you will be a broken man if you don't get to go. Women are scared of men in a fragile state so we try to make sure they don't get that way :D
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

If only it worked like that! :lol:

I may have some bargaining power, however. I had to cancel my RIAT trip due to Mrs P having a late call up for an operation on the day I was due to travel. Wish me luck.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Flour Power wrote:If only it worked like that! :lol:

I may have some bargaining power, however. I had to cancel my RIAT trip due to Mrs P having a late call up for an operation on the day I was due to travel. Wish me luck.
Good Luck :)

Andy
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Good Luck Mr. P!
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Thumper wrote:Good Luck Mr. P!
:):)
ACLVC10
Jazz707

Post by Jazz707 »

You guys realise there is no access to Brunty, except on a Sunday, unless you have a good contact?

I think all the Vickies have done low passes before touchdown there, but only ever seen shots from 'the inside', never from outside the perimeter, asuming you are sure of a good photospot and the runway in use?

Brize for sure is better from the outside.

Worth considering... as i am for September (living not far from Geordieland)!
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Thanks Jazz707.

I've been looking at Google Maps and Brunty doesn't look very promising. More research to be done for sure.
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Guys

Bruntingthorpe is totally surrounded by trees and no part of the field is visible from the road or surrounding public land; they mention this on their website as being an asset for customers wanting secure, confidential parking of A/C.

Dave
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

I remember when i went to see the Vulcan there years ago, the field did look very secluded then........

Andy
ACLVC10
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Someone posted on my Facebook page that Cosford is not aware that Bob will not be going there. That seems. Bit strange given Gary's post and the Notam. Is anyone able to confirm the situation? I'll probably be offline for a few days and will not be able to contribute much to this.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.