what now for last K3s and the last K4

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Manofmendip

Re: what now for last K3s and the last K4

Post by Manofmendip »

Thanks buccaners2

It was certainly that view that motivated Wolfgang and I to start the 'VC10der Loving Carers' group; including my own lifelong love of the VC10, from my first experiences, as a young lad, of seeing then new at Wisley, to my time working at Weybridge, in the Main Design office and talking to Ernie Marshall and his team members, who designed the VC10.

The VC10 is not just a wonderfully elegant and robust design she represents an important part of British Aviation Heritage, from the end of an era that saw our aircraft industry as supreme in the world.

Best regards.

Dave

Foxdelta211f-bvfd

Post by Foxdelta211f-bvfd »

Why cant yeovilton have a vc-10?
As a gate guard or perhaps next to the concorde hangar?
There is a large space outside where it could be stored! They have a concorde there and that was outside for years so why not have a vc-10 as well??

I know it is wishful thinking but couldnt one go to duxford next to asgc?
If they hadnt dug up the runway at filton they could land a vc-10 there and have that and the concorde 216 for their new museum!

ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Foxdelta211f-bvfd wrote:Why cant yeovilton have a vc-10?
As a gate guard or perhaps next to the concorde hangar?
There is a large space outside where it could be stored! They have a concorde there and that was outside for years so why not have a vc-10 as well??

I know it is wishful thinking but couldnt one go to duxford next to asgc?
If they hadnt dug up the runway at filton they could land a vc-10 there and have that and the concorde 216 for their new museum!
Liking the Filton comment but as we know that will never happen :(

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10

Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Nice thoughts chaps but the MOD/DSA aren't giving them away, they want paying for them.

Don't get me started on Filton, what a waste of a huge runway that is! There's talk about building a new, combined Bristol & Cardiff 'Hub Airport' (all airports seem to have to be called 'Hub' nowadays) in the Severn Estuary; why? They already have one of the longest runways in the country (or did have before they started to dig it up) at Filton, with Motorways, Main Line Railway and a Deep Sea Port right next to it!

Dave

vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

Filton is only 8,000ft. Though with a wide rwy not as wide as Woodbridge which has a width of 230metres.

Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Thanks for that info.

Still a waste to dig it up as it must surely be longer than Bristol and Cardiff Airports and have much better transport links.

Dave

buccaners2

Post by buccaners2 »

Great news that 148 is going to classic aviation at newquay, another one saved for the future about time

Foxdelta211f-bvfd

Post by Foxdelta211f-bvfd »

Yeah
Destroying filton is such a waste- it is so shortsighted- if ever britain wants to make a large airliner in the future (and who knows it might) then where are we going to build it? Truly ridiculous- they destroyed entire villages to build that runway in the forties for the brabazon to take off there but now it will go to waste
And concorde g-boaf, which is in good condition if anyone wanted to return a concorde to flight will now be landlocked and stuck there forever..;(