VC10 Retirement Tribute Polo Shirt

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Tonkenna

Re: VC10 Retirement Tribute Polo Shirt

Post by Tonkenna »

Just out of interest I have better versions of that file... that is just a small version for posting. I had another plan for it...

Tonks
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Tonkenna wrote:Just out of interest I have better versions of that file... that is just a small version for posting. I had another plan for it...

Tonks
Keep them handy, we may need then if possble, will see what super Helen comes up with first :)

Thanks

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

It's all getting a bit confusing now on people wanting different things so here are 3 more versions;

Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

I have had an email back from my contact that does embroidery (and the quality looks very good) so once there is a design I can email for quotes.

As for the designs... I think they are all too busy Helen and I am not surprised you are confused! So am I and I didn't even want to get involved LOL.

I still think it should be simple... Vickers logo on the front (and nothing else). That could be the control wheel badge, but smaller than on the pics above) and a VC10 with modest sized dates or 51 Years of Service on the back (but not both... to busy). It would look classy and keep costs down. I will ask Emma about embroidering the lot and see what she thinks... If that was all being printed on a T-Shirt then that would be fine, but a polo shirt is a smarter piece of clothing!

Thoughts, or shall I go and hide...

Tonks --+0+--
Last edited by Tonkenna on Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Andy

Me and Helen has decided to go with the top one of Helen's last post.

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

OK... personally I think it is too busy... but I will pass it on and see what Emma's thoughts are for embroidery...

Tonks
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Was hoping other people would chuck there 2 penneth in aswell so we could get a more definate idea of what people want so with that in mind me and Helen have gone with the design we like the most, sorry.

As for production we were thinking of embroidered on the front and print on the back??

--+0+--
ACLVC10
AJW

Post by AJW »

I have to say I think the round badge looks far better for a t-shirt.

If you want a polo shirt that will last, printing the design won't be the best idea. I know it means they'll be more money, but embroidered shirts are far nicer looking!
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

HI AJW

The roundel i think will be to intricut to replicate so we have decided to go for the other design.

Looks like the plan is to embroider the front and print the back.

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Andy & Helen

I agree with Tonks that less is more.

I would be happy with the top design but I feel that the lettering Vickers VC10, on the back, under the silhouette, is a bit too big.

One thing that seems to be consistant in all VC10 historical litereature that I have seen, and saw when I worked at Weybridge, had the same size font for VC & 10 and I think that we should try to stick with that; see the attached brouchure from the history section of this site, which was produced by the Weybridge Project Office. I would like to see the words Vickers VC10 all the same size, probably the same size as 10 is on the top shirt proof.

I don't have an issue with the mono, non roundel Vickers Armstrongs logo with grey lettering above & below it and I like the front on silhouette too.

Well that's my say.

But I do want to say, again, well done Helen and Andy for your hard work.

Dave
Attachments
DDVC10_01_small.jpg
DDVC10_01_small.jpg (22.53 KiB) Viewed 10273 times
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Manofmendip wrote:Hi Andy & Helen

I agree with Tonks that less is more.

I would be happy with the top design but I feel that the lettering Vickers VC10, on the back, under the silhouette, is a bit too big.

One thing that seems to be consistant in all VC10 historical litereature that I have seen, and saw when I worked at Weybridge, had the same size font for VC & 10 and I think that we should try to stick with that; see the attached brouchure from the history section of this site, which was produced by the Weybridge Project Office. I would like to see the words Vickers VC10 all the same size, probably the same size as 10 is on the top shirt proof.

I don't have an issue with the mono, non roundel Vickers Armstrongs logo with grey lettering above & below it and I like the front on silhouette too.

Well that's my say.

But I do want to say, again, well done Helen and Andy for your hard work.

Dave
Hi Dave

Thank you for your positive comments, very much appreciated :)

All the hard work isnt me its Helen, shes the one that has done all the hard work on this, ive just merely put a spanner in the works along the way :)

We are currently in the process of getting quotes for printing and will let everyone know when we have more information on this.

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Right then guys (and any girls out there), I have re-designed and brought it down to what I think should be the final 2 designs, so it's up to you to pick which one you like.

As I said to Andy, the problem with printing is the cost goes up significantly when you start adding more than 1 colour so I have altered the Vickers Armstrong logo to be black and white as this will keep the cost down, see below;

So taking the changes into consideration, here are the final 2 shirts;

If we can all decide on a design we can start to get some quotes in now :D
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Helen

I think it should have the dates but still needs to say Vickers VC10. We know what it is but who else will if we don't tell them.

I also liked the head on silhouette on the front, personally.

When I said less is more, I was referring to the amout of words on the back, sorry if I didn't make that clear, but the roundel and head on silhouette and the big silhouette and the words 'Vickers VC10 1962-2013' would be perfect for me.

Best regards.

Dave
Last edited by Manofmendip on Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

THESE DESIGNS ARE BEING CHANGED AS WE SPEAK, NEW EDITED DESIGNS WILL APPEAR SOON, SORRY FOR THE CONFUSION
Thumper wrote:Right then guys (and any girls out there), I have re-designed and brought it down to what I think should be the final 2 designs, so it's up to you to pick which one you like.

As I said to Andy, the problem with printing is the cost goes up significantly when you start adding more than 1 colour so I have altered the Vickers Armstrong logo to be black and white as this will keep the cost down, see below;

So taking the changes into consideration, here are the final 2 shirts;

If we can all decide on a design we can start to get some quotes in now :D
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Sorry for the confusion, I have now put together 2 more designs (see below) for everyone's thoughts/approval;