VC10 Retirement Tribute Polo Shirt

Any VC10 related discussions.....
ACLVC10

Re: VC10 Retirement Tribute Polo Shirt

Post by ACLVC10 »

It's all very well banding around design ideas, lets get some physical designs to look at, I would but I'm useless at doing this sort of thing.

I think w should keep the simplicity of the design above but maybe incorporate the vickers logo maybe above the vc10 shilouette on the front of the shirt??

I need a chief designer :):)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10

Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I'll have a play tomorrow and come up with a few designs :)

ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Many thanks Helen :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10

Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Had another quick play with the polo shirt and incorporated the Vickers logo and removed the hyphen between VC10, I also scrubbed the service years and replaced it with VC10der loving carers. Let me know of any changes or additions and I can have another redesign :D

ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Looks good Helen, I was thinking maybe the VC10 logo below the vickers logo on the front?

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10

Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Yes it does look good Helen, well done.

I would prefer the flight dates though rather than the name of the group, as the group is likely to not continue as our original aim - keeping one flying - is not acheivable; the dates are far more important.

It might be worth trying to incorporate the wording 'Vickers Armstrongs (Aircraft) Ltd Weybridge England' around the logo, like it is on the control wheel centre as posted here by Andy (Tonkenna), or under the logo. Otherwise the logo won't mean anything to Joe public.

I'd like to see the revised version and then we need to find a manufacturer and gets some costings for producing various garments.

Dave

ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Dave

I was going to look into costings etc once we have a definate design in place :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10

Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Good man Andy.

Do you agree that the group's name is not important as it is not known of outside of the 30 odd members and the flight dates are what really matters, together with the bird herself and her maker's logo?

I'm glad that the silouette is of a Super VC10, as they look better proportiones, in my opinion, that the Standard.

Dave

Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Thanks for the advice.

I tried to make the Vickers Armstrong writing fit on an elipse around the Vickers logo but it was either far too large or it just looked a mess so I have stuck with it being in grey print top and bottom of the logo.

When you say VC10 logo I am unsure what this is and Google returns nothing?

The other good bit of news is my landlord works for a printing firm. I have given him the design and he will get a quote for 30 polo shirts printed up as is (allowing for minor tweaks), but in only 2 colours as he said 3 colours triples the cost (so ignore the blue writing, that will either be black or grey) so I will let you know the quote as soon as I hear.

Here's the revised one so far, more than happy to keep on tweaking it!

Last edited by Thumper on Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Sorry for the confusion, I just mean the VC10 shilouette :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10

zaffie 03

Post by zaffie 03 »

Hi, all

Just one comment, screen printing is not going to last. Personally I would rather pay for a good quality 'silk embroidered' example, rather than 6 washes and a wrecked memory.

I can make some inquiries with a local supplier, recognising we are only on a limited number (30ish) but based on the outlined designs already produced.

What do you think???

Zaffie 03

ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Zaffie

I was always thinking embroidered rather than printed for the same reasons as yours.

Yes would be great if you could look into prices for this.

Many thanks

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10

ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Thumper wrote:Thanks for the advice.

I tried to make the Vickers Armstrong writing fit on an elipse around the Vickers logo but it was either far too large or it just looked a mess so I have stuck with it being in grey print top and bottom of the logo.

When you say VC10 logo I am unsure what this is and Google returns nothing?

The other good bit of news is my landlord works for a printing firm. I have given him the design and he will get a quote for 30 polo shirts printed up as is (allowing for minor tweaks), but in only 2 colours as he said 3 colours triples the cost (so ignore the blue writing, that will either be black or grey) so I will let you know the quote as soon as I hear.

Here's the revised one so far, more than happy to keep on tweaking it!

Hi Helen

Quote sounds good, I think maybe it will look good done all in black?? And maybe take out the 51 years of service but that's down to everyone else's approval.

Thanks for your support in this project.

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10

Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Thanks for the positive feedback, I read back through the comments several times before making the alterations and it seemed that the years of service were more popular than the original name of the group (carers) so that other people would "get it".

I have experience in this having run my own forum for several years and I placed a large order for merchandise several years ago based on a forum post/poll which came out with loads of orders for all sorts of clothing and other merchandise, the order cost me £1,700 and I sold 9 items of clothing in 6 years, totaling £176. Speaking from experience I would tread carefully with this and get deposits or payment in full before placing an order. I will still let you know what the quote is despite no-one wanting it printed, embroidery will be very expensive.

Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Good quality printing will certainly last... my 101 Sqn rugby shirt has a printed VC10 and my name on the back and has survived many washes...

As said above, embroidery will be V expensive and I echo the point about getting deposits/full payment first... I have been bitten by promises before when organising patches/badges.

As for the design... simple and understated seems best to me...

This is the design on the rugby shirt which is printed... no name on this one (I don't have a pic of that one):

Tonks --+0+--
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/