Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Post Reply
David B
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:53 am

Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by David B »

Hi it looks like there will be a vc10 in the static field at the leuchars air show on the 7th of September.
A bit of good news!

Jazz707
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Dhahran KSA
Contact:

Re: Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by Jazz707 »

Same day as Brizfest, with one static (TBC). That'll be the UK based fleet tied-up then!

BTW, Brunty's open day this Sunday has static 'New for 2013 - RAF VC-10'. Bob minus engines?

Craig
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by Craig »

Jazz707 wrote:Same day as Brizfest, with one static (TBC). That'll be the UK based fleet tied-up then!

BTW, Brunty's open day this Sunday has static 'New for 2013 - RAF VC-10'. Bob minus engines?
From what news is out there, that's Dave Walton's ZD241...

Manofmendip
Posts: 239
Joined: Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:58 pm
Location: Midsomer Norton

Re: Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by Manofmendip »

I Understand that, subject to official approval, BOB may be open on 25th August.

Dave

Jazz707
Posts: 95
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2012 7:32 pm
Location: Dhahran KSA
Contact:

Re: Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by Jazz707 »

So i presume no VC-10 for Brizfest static now (unless 147 is back by then), while Leuchars get 'Juliet'.

ZD241 is definately being saved at Brunty then? Hopefully some confirmed news on exactly what the plans are for the VC-10's there soon!

User avatar
Tonkenna
Posts: 684
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2002 7:32 pm
Location: Boldly going!
Contact:

Re: Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by Tonkenna »

Anyone going to Leuchars? Hoping to be there myself :-)
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/

User avatar
Flour Power
Posts: 160
Joined: Tue Jul 09, 2013 6:37 pm
Location: Northumberland

Re: Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by Flour Power »

Me. :D

Craig
Posts: 70
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:23 am

Re: Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by Craig »

Jazz707 wrote:So i presume no VC-10 for Brizfest static now (unless 147 is back by then), while Leuchars get 'Juliet'.

ZD241 is definately being saved at Brunty then? Hopefully some confirmed news on exactly what the plans are for the VC-10's there soon!
It would seem logical that as the OSD will be very close by then that both airframes will be back in the UK. It seems rather unlikely for such a booking to be made otherwise. As for '241, it seems frustratingly difficult to get official confirmation as to the state of play. As I understand it, there are two people involved in the preservation of '241 and '808, and as a result hopefully both are safe. I'd expect if both are parked at the "museum" end of the site rather than in the GJD compound this may offer some clue.

Chris Melaisi
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:13 am

Re: Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by Chris Melaisi »

See you there guys! :D

Chris Melaisi
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:13 am

Re: Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by Chris Melaisi »

Hi guys, could anyone provide the arrival date for the vc10?

Thanks, Chris.

User avatar
jonf45
Posts: 61
Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2005 7:03 pm
Location: peterborough

Re: Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by jonf45 »

I believe the VC10 is flying up on the Friday. If anyone knows what sort of time she would return to Brize, could they pm me as i may make a mad dash down there to get some pics if possible :D

Jon

Chris Melaisi
Posts: 21
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:13 am

Re: Vc10 at leuchars air show.

Post by Chris Melaisi »

jonf45 wrote:I believe the VC10 is flying up on the Friday. If anyone knows what sort of time she would return to Brize, could they pm me as i may make a mad dash down there to get some pics if possible :D

Jon
Thanks Jon :D

Post Reply