VC10 Tribute Shirt - Order Yours Now!

Any VC10 related discussions.....
ACLVC10

Re: VC10 Tribute Shirt - Order Yours Now!

Post by ACLVC10 »

UPDATE

Just a little update, everything is going well and looks like the initial orders have been a success. We are hoping to get everything finalised next week and put the order requests to the printers, of course that's all subject to Helen receiving full payment for all orders requested.

We will keep you guys updated on our progress :)

Can I take this opportunity to thank everyone that has already shown there support in this little venture :)

Thank you

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Dear all,

A huge thank you to everyone for your patience and continued support. I apologise for anyone that had no reply from me on Thursday, Fri and Sat as I was away and unfortunately could do very little about it.

I am back at the helm now and catching up with everyone's messages, orders and payments and hope to have responded to you all through PM or email at some point today, it may get a little late as there are a lot! :lol:

We have now reached our target order of 30 shirts so thank you everyone, it was tense for a moment! A huge thank you has to go to Jelle for supporting mine and Andy's venture and promoting the shirts so well through the homepage of this forum and Facebook feed, it really made a massive difference to our target and we have had some generous donations which will be heading towards XR808's upkeep --+0+--

I shall be heading down to the printers at lunchtime tomorrow (2nd September) to place the order and run through the process. Anyone still wishing to make the deadline it is noon (UK time) tomorrow, you will need to pay by paypal of which the address to send payment to is cry_baby_wah_wah@hotmail.com Please mark paypal payments as "gift from family/friend" so we don't get hammered with paypal's extortionate fee's! If you can remember to include your forum name so I can marry up forum usernames/messages with your paypal payment that would be very helpful along with your postal address.

I will update again tomorrow!

Best Wishes
Helen and Andy :D --+0+--
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

UPDATE....

Just to let everyone know if you don't know already, the shirts are currently being printed at the printers, this process we have been told that it will take around 2 weeks to complete!

I can assure as soon as the shirts arrive back to us we will do our upmost to get them sent out to you ASAP.

I appreciate the some of you will be going to the Brize Photocall and want these shirts by this date, all I can say is we will do our best but can't guarantee this will happen, I'm afraid it's all in the hands of the printers at the moment.

One last thing before I go I would just like to say a BIG thank you to Thumper (Helen) for all she has done in this venture, thank you :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Thank you Andy!

Just a few additions to Andy's update; we have changed printers after being messed around with the first printer over the commission and time scale, we are now with a new printers who are on the ball and the manager is a retired Royal Navy pilot so it's always good to have someone on board that knows a VC10 from a Lawnmower. Secondly we have had to change the shirt manufacturer as Fruit of the Loom really does not print too well, the fabric is too loosely woven and the print would not look good so the decision has been made to go for the better quality Blue Max polo shirts, thankfully we have been offered these at the same price which is a real coup!

http://www.bluemaxbanner.co.uk/poloshirts-deptpolo_pg1/

I am making final inquiries about the sizing of the Blue Max shirts to make sure the sizes will match up to the Fruit of the Loom size chart so don't worry it's all in hand!

I also received back today the artwork which has been professionally "tidied" so it will print nice and crisp, I have paid for this myself so rest assured there are no extra costs involved at all, everything still stands as it did at the beginning, just minor tweaks!

I have also begged to get the time scale down as I know a lot of people would love the shirt for the Photocall Event at Brize Norton, everyone involved is working as hard as they can to get the shirts done quickly without sacrificing quality.

I shall update again when more information becomes available.

Many thanks guys and girls!

Helen :D --+0+--
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Well done Helen & Andy.

Best wishes to all on here.

Dave
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Manofmendip wrote:Well done Helen & Andy.

Best wishes to all on here.

Dave
More Helen than me, shes had to have the patience of saint with some of you guys on here :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

She has indeed Andy #-o :? :wink:
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

A quick update to state that after some minor adjustments needed to the artwork everything is now 100% perfect with the shirts, you have all been very patient which I thank you for and I have given the printers the go-ahead who will work hard to get them run off ASAP. I am sure you understand that me and Andy really wanted them perfect before running off the entire order and after some tweaks made to the professional artwork I can tell you that the VC10 on the back of the shirt does look rather special!

I will update again when I get my paws on the shirts, they will be sent out the very next day, I have a stack of jiffy bags all 'addressed up' and ready to fill!

Kind Regards
Helen & Andy :D --+0+--
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Thumper wrote:A quick update to state that after some minor adjustments needed to the artwork everything is now 100% perfect with the shirts, you have all been very patient which I thank you for and I have given the printers the go-ahead who will work hard to get them run off ASAP. I am sure you understand that me and Andy really wanted them perfect before running off the entire order and after some tweaks made to the professional artwork I can tell you that the VC10 on the back of the shirt does look rather special!

I will update again when I get my paws on the shirts, they will be sent out the very next day, I have a stack of jiffy bags all 'addressed up' and ready to fill!

Kind Regards
Helen & Andy :D --+0+--
Stirling Work Helen, Thank you :)

Andy :D
ACLVC10
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Wonderful work Helen.

Best wishes.

Dave
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Looking forward to seeing the finished result, you're doing great work Helen!
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Rover75

Post by Rover75 »

What is the situation with these polo shirts? Is it still possible to order one?

Cheers

Mike
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Hi Rover,

The polo shirts have all been ordered now and are presently being printed. Unfortunately we are not taking any further orders at this stage as this was a bulk buy to reduce the individual cost so single orders will be expensive.

Once this batch is done (maybe this week) I can ask about getting you a single shirt made up and get you a price if you are interested?
BAVC10

Post by BAVC10 »

Hi

I'd be interested in getting one of the shirts too - they look great.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Hi BAVC10, thank you for your interest in the shirts, I am waiting for a call back from the print manager today with regards to a price for one off orders from now on, once I have that price I will let you know and we can go from there :D