When is the last flight actually gonna be?

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Foxdelta211f-bvfd

When is the last flight actually gonna be?

Post by Foxdelta211f-bvfd »

According to concorde sst forums, a vc-10 is off to canada...

'Wednesday 28th August, ZA148 will be making its final flight to Newquay from Brize,the two remaining K3's will go to Museums and not Brunty.One is destined for the RAF Museum and the other is off to Newfoundland Canada.'

Good news then, but when will the last flight be?

Craig

Re: When is the last flight actually gonna be?

Post by Craig »

Given the amount of rumour, counter rumour and misinformation I'm still treating these revelations with a large pinch of salt. ZA148 is off to Newquay, we know that, but as for the other two? Seen as '808 couldn't get into Cosford a few weeks ago, why now would they be able to accept an even bigger airframe (and the K3 IS bigger)? And why would Newfoundland want a VC-10? The type is hardly synonymous with the place, and the delivery costs would be astronomical! OK it'd be great to see all the remaining airframes preserved, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

AJW

Post by AJW »

I don't know any more than google about the final resting place of the last ladies, but I can tell you that the k3 has a shorter theoretical landing distance than the c1k, so hopefully that is going to help get one to cosford :)

Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

I have it on good authority that the reason a K3, i.e. a Super VC10 to us civilian enthusisasts, can land at Cosford and a CMk1K can't is that there is data for short field performance of Super VC10s, i.e. in their previous life with East African Airways, where there isn't that data for CMk1Ks. In the words of the Great Meerkat 'Simples'.

Dave

petet16

Post by petet16 »

I agree with Craig, some of these rumours need to be taken with a very large pinch of salt, for instance the North Atlantic Aviation museum, somebody having a laugh I think, nice little museum, but a highly unlikely destination for a VC10 I think

Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

I have a meeting at Brunty on Saturday, regarding the VC10der Loving Carers group asisting the 'runner' project and I will be sending out a newsletter to group members shortly. Anyone not a member, please PM me with full name and contact details and I will add you to our list (membership is free) and email you our newsletters.

Best regards.

Dave