Brunty this weekend

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Flour Power

Re: Brunty this weekend

Post by Flour Power »

Magnum wrote:It was decidedly warm being onboard BOB all day today!
Sounds like Hell. :wink:

buccaners2

Post by buccaners2 »

It was a nice to meet Dave and Richard ,the weather was ok and there were loads of people queueing to see inside bob and hopefully lots more members for the club

Craig

Post by Craig »

Glad it was a good day, has this brought any more clarity with regards to ZD241's future?

Gsxr600

Post by Gsxr600 »

buccaners2 wrote:It was a nice to meet Dave and Richard ,the weather was ok and there were loads of people queueing to see inside bob and hopefully lots more members for the club
Yes it was nice to see Rich again and very interesting to meet Gary. Left my details with Rich in case I can help with the preservation efforts.

Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

It was good to meet some of you from this forum and to see how many people were queuing to see inside Bob; we had to try to strike a balance between the length of queue and giving people enough time sitting in the front seats.

We got several sheets of names of people who want to support our 'VC10der Loving Carers' group, which will now be fully committed, with Gary's help and blessing, to owning, looking after and ground running Bob; once the paperwork from the MOD has been completed for the purchase from the DSA.

Those of you who have not yet joined the group, please PM me your name, email address and mobile number (optional).

This weekend was a new turning point for the group and for Bob.

ZD241 is likely to be used for spares for Bob, in due course.

Best regards to all.

Dave

Craig

Post by Craig »

Manofmendip wrote:It was good to meet some of you from this forum and to see how many people were queuing to see inside Bob; we had to try to strike a balance between the length of queue and giving people enough time sitting in the front seats.

We got several sheets of names of people who want to support our 'VC10der Loving Carers' group, which will now be fully committed, with Gary's help and blessing, to owning, looking after and ground running Bob; once the paperwork from the MOD has been completed for the purchase from the DSA.

Those of you who have not yet joined the group, please PM me your name, email address and mobile number (optional).

Best regards to all.

Dave
That in itself is not surprising, was never likely to be more than one "runner", but is the airframe to survive or is she doomed at the 11th hour for a second time? :(

Magnum

Post by Magnum »

The airframe of 241 is pretty poor after being exposed to the harsh weather of the Falkland Isles. Certainly not an ideal candidate for a second runner sadly.

Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

I am not sure the Falklands has had any effect on the ac... having spent a good proportion of my VC10 career down there I can assure that the weather there is much like you'd expect in the Highlands of Scotland. The K4s were always the roughest of the ac just because they were ex-BA and thus had a hard life!
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/

Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Manofmendip wrote:It was good to meet some of you from this forum and to see how many people were queuing to see inside Bob; we had to try to strike a balance between the length of queue and giving people enough time sitting in the front seats.

Best regards to all.

Dave
I'm still smiling. What a weekend!!!

Now the work starts. :)

Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Tonkenna wrote:I am not sure the Falklands has had any effect on the ac... having spent a good proportion of my VC10 career down there I can assure that the weather there is much like you'd expect in the Highlands of Scotland. The K4s were always the roughest of the ac just because they were ex-BA and thus had a hard life!
Thank you Tonks. Shows it pays never to listen to rumours.

Was a pleasure to meet you this weekend.

NewquayVC10

Post by NewquayVC10 »

Was nice to see the great job being done at Brunty and put some faces to the names on the forums. Cant wait to see (and hear) Bob running next year. At CAF today to see our arrival, had a little tear as engines shut down (hope its not the last time) --+0+--

Cirrus Nick

Post by Cirrus Nick »

Nice to meet some of you. Rather stumbled across bob by accident but committed to helping out in any way I can.