Brize Photocall

Any VC10 related discussions.....
ACLVC10

Re: Brize Photocall

Post by ACLVC10 »

FunnyBus wrote:Sold out according to a post on UKAR http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=54669
Just noticed this now, I applied at 17:00 hrs yesterday, not sure I'm gunna get a place :(:(

--+0+--
ACLVC10

ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

I didn't make the application, it's reached the max and they also have reserve list so anyone thinking of applying now don't as you will be disappointed, like me :(

On another note, anyone that did make it, have a great day and make sure you take lots if pics :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10

Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Still waiting for word one way or t'other. The suspense is killing me! :-)/\/\/\)

Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

From PPRuNe:
Update.Photocall/Enthusiast Event Vc10/Tristar/C130K Brize Norton Sunday 22-09-2013
Hi all,
I would like to mention that the support/interest has been incredible for this event.
I have been informed that as of 29th August applications are not currently being accepted .
The options we have are being looked at and responses sent out when possible.
It is also worth mentioning that an allowance needs to be made for slight delays due to items currently in the news !
I know those successful will be advised in due course.
Please bear with us on this one.

Regards Noel Shearer
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.

Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Thanks for the update Jelle. Much appreciated.

Anglojet

Post by Anglojet »

Confirmation emails now being sent out.

Jazz707

Post by Jazz707 »

Just received this. Best of luck to everyone else who applied.

Thanks again to WC Morgan and his team.

"Dear Enthusiast,

Thank you for your email registering interest in the Aviation Enthusiasts' Day that we are hosting on 22nd September. I am pleased to advise you that, subject to security checks, you have been allocated the number of places that you requested in your email.
I apologise for the delay in replying, but as you might understand, we have been inundated with interest and, to make matters worse, world events have made the last week particularly busy for us here at Brize! You will receive a further email closer to the date with detailed arrival instructions including a map of where to park and a requested time of arrival. Arrival times will be staggered to prevent gridlock, but don't worry, you can stay until the event closes at 1500!
Until then, if you realise that you will no longer be able to attend then please do let me know so that we may let someone on the reserve list come instead. We are massively oversubscribed for this event, so I'm afraid that we cannot accept any other applications over and above those names and numbers submitted in your original email.
Many thanks for your interest and I look forward to seeing you on the 22nd.

Pete Morgan
Wing Commander
Officer Commanding 216 Squadron"

Magnum

Post by Magnum »

I have had the same reply. Luckily I am fully DV cleared so security isn't an issue. :p

Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I've had that reply as well, now let's hope that they'll be letting foreigners in! :wink:
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.

Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Me too! Insert enormous smiley face here.

Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I didn't make the list, maybe they were worried about a girly tottering around an airfield with big scary aeroplanes :cry:

Annoyingly I know at least 3 people that have got in are number crunchers who have no interest in taking photo's or talking to staff, they just have a few reg's that need to be entered into a book which can be done on any other day at Brize inside or not. I think that sucks a bit to be honest when you have VC10 fans desperately wanting to go as the last chance any VC fan will get similar to this is Leuchars Airshow this weekend, bit of a long trip! That's what happens when you do first come first served though, it's open to all.

All that have got confirmation I hope you have a nice time! :)

AJW

Post by AJW »

Dad and I have had the thumbs up too :D

FunnyBus

Post by FunnyBus »

Just got the parking instructions for the Photocall :D , could they have made the map any smaller :lol:
Here's hoping for decent weather [-o<

Jazz707

Post by Jazz707 »

Yeh, i'm sure we'll find the place though!

Good call with them shifting the steps and clearing the ramp around the aircraft for some decent shots. That was never going to happen with 200 people swarming over 3 aircraft! Looking forward to picking up some authentic VC-10/101 Squadron t-shirts etc as well! :wink:

Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

I am not sure there is much 101 Sqn VC10 stuff left to sell... the last time I was over there the cupboard was literally empty!

Tonks --+0+--
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/