Any VC10 related discussions.....
Jazz707

Re: ZA147 RETURN TO UK

Post by Jazz707 »

spikeXR809

Post by spikeXR809 »

Hi Everyone

Just to let you know that ZA147 now back on uk soil all safe and sound.

I have aslo been told from a reliable source that there is a towline tomorrow evening times not known.

Also from the same source i been told there will be a two ship formation around the uk on the 20/09/13, similar to the 3 ship formation last year but different locations,also they are due to leave for brunty on the 25/09/13 but of course this could be subject to change.

Hope this info is useful to everyone.

Thanks

Ian
spikeXR809
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Jelle Hieminga wrote:Hello guys,

Could I just remind everyone that posting about expected flights on an open forum gets the RAF slightly nervous sometimes? We're getting details again which are just too specific. This would be fine if we were discussing Easyjet but the RAF has a somewhat different task and we may be jeopardising this. I know it sounds odd as the VC10 is so close to retirement but the job it's doing remains important and may be sensitive at times.

I know that it enables us enthusiasts to see the VC10 now that the opportunities are so slim, but please keep the specifics away from the public forum. You can of course use PMs or e-mail.

Sorry to be a spoilsport but I have to ask for your cooperation in this. Thanks!
No problem with that at all, can I post up about seeing them on FR24 or is that 'off limits' so to speak?
spikeXR809

Post by spikeXR809 »

Evening everyone

ZA147 got airbourne just after 2000 tonight on a towline tasking arrived back bzz around 2230 could be last ever evening sortie for either K3,manged to get some video of the take-off.

will keep you all informed if i get anymore information reference uk flypast and brunty.

many thanks
ian
spikeXR809
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I really think you should be keeping this information to yourself and respect the forum owners wishes as expressed above.
spikeXR809

Post by spikeXR809 »

Hi

The information i put on my last post was post sortie so i didn't think it would much of a problem.
if it is a problem i wont post info like that again.

thanks
ian
spikeXR809
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I'm not sure where you get your information from, I would just be very careful about getting either yourself or someone else into a spot of bother, if it became a problem (and it has before) then it would also bring this forum into question which is not fair on the owner and other members. This is a public forum and information can be very easily traced, post sortie info is fine like t/o and landings but keep the specifics out.