Periscope on eBay

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: Periscope on eBay

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

There are some photos here to compare it to: http://www.vc10.net/Technical/oddities.html#Periscopes

My first impression is that it looks like the same periscope, including the plug socket for the heating. One thing that's different is the eyepiece but this may be missing on the one in my photos. Actually the box is different too, the one in A4O-AB is stored in a metal box. It's a shame that he didn't take a good shot of the 'dataplate'. There has been one on Ebay before and I may have the photos of that one around somewhere to compare.

Edit: Actually, when comparing the photos on Ebay to the ones of A4O-AB's scope, I don't think it is the same type. The bit that sticks through the pressure hull has two grooves on it but on 'AB's scope it then thickens for approximately the same length again before the ring with the heating plug. The one on Ebay seems shorter as it lacks this thickened bit. Therefore I don't think it would fit in a VC10 (at least not at the rear viewports) as it would not be long enough to reach the top of the fuselage from the main deck mounting.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.

Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I have received a reply stating that he has had many offers so I am welcome to make an offer or continue to bid. I think it's going to go for a lot of money as it's in very good condition and boxed.

I personally think that BOB would benefit more from many other things than a periscope.

ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Thumper wrote:I have received a reply stating that he has had many offers so I am welcome to make an offer or continue to bid. I think it's going to go for a lot of money as it's in very good condition and boxed.

I personally think that BOB would benefit more from many other things than a periscope.
I think so to Helen, BOB isnt going to be flying again so i think like Helen, the funds potentially spent on the periscope could go to other things more beneficial to BOB. :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10