Posting information about VC10 flights on these forums.

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Posting information about VC10 flights on these forums.

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Given the latest developments on the 'let's keep a close eye on the survivors' thread I figured it might be an idea to post some rough guidelines here. I didn't have the time to do this when I posted my request two days ago.
  • If you have info about upcoming flights, unless it was issued through any public channel it is probably better not to post it on an open forum.
  • Please consider if there are any restrictions on passing on information from your place of employment.
  • Anything sourced through public channels, such as listening to scanners, flightradar sites or ADS-B receivers is pretty safe to post, unless you consider what you've heard to be sensitive.
  • I cannot limit the information passed through PMs and/or e-mails so if you have taken the above into account and still would like to pass this info to others, use these methods.
We all want to see these last VC10 flights but we cannot forget that the RAF is doing an important job and by posting sensitive information on the internet we might be putting them in danger.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.