VC10 Last flights

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Manofmendip

Re: VC10 Last flights

Post by Manofmendip »

Very well said Tonks

I will certainly be liaising with Gary about designing a hangar for which ever frame is kept at Brunty. I am happy to design it without charging for my time and only for that of any additional consultants, unless I can persuade them to donate their time too.

Best regards.

Dave
Gsxr600

Re: VC10 Last flights

Post by Gsxr600 »

Manofmendip wrote:Very well said Tonks

I will certainly be liaising with Gary about designing a hangar for which ever frame is kept at Brunty. I am happy to design it without charging for my time and only for that of any additional consultants, unless I can persuade them to donate their time too.

Best regards.

Dave
That would be fantastic to get a VC10 under cover. However even this task shouldn't be underestimated. It took the Lightning Preservation Group years to get their QRA shed erected despite getting the complete building in "kit form" from Binbrook I think. Its an expensive business getting a hanger of that size up, and (I might be completely wrong here) I think I heard there was years of disputes over planning permission to get the Lightning shed put up. Its just as important I think to get the rest of the collection at Brunty under cover too, it can't do the Victor/Comet/Nimrod etc any good standing outside all these years.

Maybe when XH558 is done flying and it comes back to Brunty (coz that's really likely to happen I'm sure) any money left over from Vulcan to the Sky can be used to build a nice big "Cold War" hanger to house everything!!! Wishful thinking I know.