VC10 & CWJ photoshoot at Brunty Nov 17th

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Thumper

VC10 & CWJ photoshoot at Brunty Nov 17th

Post by Thumper »

I have just seen the following posted on the Bruntingthorpe Facebook page and thought it may be of interest to some.

A photo shoot is being lined up for November 17th with approx 29 cold war jets on the runway!! Normal museum admission fee applies. Right here goes, 3 VC10s, Nimrod, Victor, Comet, Canberra, 2 Lightnings, 5 Jet Provosts, 3 Hunters, 3 Buccaneers, Sea Harrier, Star Fighter, Sea Vixen, Jaguar, Mystere, Meteor, L29 Delphin, Jetstream. The new Tornado the Raspberry ripple Jag & Iskra are eihter under rebuild or maintenance.........PHEW!! lol Pay at the gatehouse on the way in, it's the brain child of Gary Spoors, GJD director.
ACLVC10

Re: VC10 & CWJ photoshoot at Brunty Nov 17th

Post by ACLVC10 »

If it wasn't so much of a trak for me I would love to go, can't think of anything better to do on my birthday...... Plymouth is a bit far to travel, have to give it a miss :(
ACLVC10
vc10boy

Post by vc10boy »

anyone know if you can board the tens?..would love to go,last chance to see three together?...at least 5H-MMT will still be around for that,last chance to get some pics...
vc10boy,s photo,s of VC10,s over the years...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/116993858@N08/sets/
Bill1980

Post by Bill1980 »

That's very impressive, so I guess I'll be making my third trip to Brunty in as many weeks: I was there last Sunday to photograph the VC10s, I'm going again on Saturday to watch the Lightnings lighting up and now this :lol:

It would be good if at least one of the Tens was opened up [-o<

Bill
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Would be great Bill but I don't think it will be possible to do it :(:(
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I suppose there is the possibility that XR808 may be opened up as it was on the open day, it'll be a matter of wait and see on the day and maybe early on ask someone nicely if it's at all possible!

If anyone uses Facebook have a look at the 'Bruntingthorpe Airfield Aircraft Status' page, there's a 'good' aerial photograph on there of ZA149 being stripped and the split up body of another '10 next to her by Andy Martin.
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Thanks for the heads up Helen. I'll have to be nice to Mrs Power. :-)////)
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

"I'm going Christmas shopping, see you later on" :lol:
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Sadly I'll not now be able to make this weekend. :-({{|=

On Sunday I managed to skid on some ice flinging my car through some trees and into a ditch. I've got concussion and bruising but I came off better than my MINI.

I hope that everyone who does manage to get to Brunty has a great time.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Blimey FP, glad you are relatively OK, it's a shame you won't make the shoot and sorry that lovely black Mini is a bit bent, hope you both feel better soon.
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Flour Power wrote:Sadly I'll not now be able to make this weekend. :-({{|=

On Sunday I managed to skid on some ice flinging my car through some trees and into a ditch. I've got concussion and bruising but I came off better than my MINI.

It is that time of year I guess, I got punted sideways into a field a fortnight ago.

Still waiting to hear if mine is a write off but ironically I will be in a Mini when I go to Brunty on the 17th.
Lee606

Post by Lee606 »

Heard admission has been upped to £10,Still its helping preserve most of them so thats all good.
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

Magnum wrote:
Flour Power wrote:Sadly I'll not now be able to make this weekend. :-({{|=

It is that time of year I guess, I got punted sideways into a field a fortnight ago.

Still waiting to hear if mine is a write off but ironically I will be in a Mini when I go to Brunty on the 17th.
I'll have to go and get my snow tyres fitted before Friday as there's a lot of snow forecast here!
vololiberista
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Hi all,

Does anyone have a link to the original announcement of this event? Thumper mentioned the Bruntingthorpe Facebook page but I'm unable to find this. I'm trying to get some more details so that I can copy it to other forums and such.

Sorry to hear about your accident Flour Power, I was looking forward to your photos of the event! I'm sure that others will do their best to achieve a similar quality.... :mrgreen:

Take lots of photos please, I won't be able to attend this event but it will probably be the last chance to see three VC10s together.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Hi Jelle,

Just to back up Lee606's statement, the price has been increased to £10 now which is still a bargain, imagine how much work it takes to get 29 aircraft onto the runway especially the likes of the VC10's, Victor and Nimrod!

Find the Facebook Group here;

https://www.facebook.com/groups/268769454118/?fref=ts

Quotes from the page;
Photo shoot update, admission is £10 per adult!! Please pass on if you shared it. Thank you
A Scout helicopter has been added to the list making it 29 aircraft on the runway.
I believe opening time is normal museum time of 10am
Normal museum opening times are 10am - 4pm.

I cannot find any further information on specific timings for the day but it would seem sensible to turn up at 10am. Naturally I would suggest warm clothes for the day!

I suggest you give Dave Walton a ring as per the Bruntingthorpe page;
For any more information, or if you are interested in volunteering, then please call Dave Walton on 0116 279 9300.
Alternatively I quote from my first message;
it's the brain child of Gary Spoors, GJD director.
I am quite surprised Gary had not posted on here about it actually.