Raising more funds

Any VC10 related discussions.....
ACLVC10

Raising more funds

Post by ACLVC10 »

I must be mad after the last lot of fund raising me and Helen but I'm actually starting to think of more ways of raising more money to go towards the preservation of these fine ladies.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions on what could be done this time?

Andy
ACLVC10
Tonkenna

Re: Raising more funds

Post by Tonkenna »

To be honest the first job needs to be a project for the funds to go towards rather than a general and unspecific "preservation of these fine ladies". For it to be correctly run (and it has to be if you are collecting funds) there has to be proper management. if only to protect the collector. There has to be no questions as to how the money will be used and exactly where it is, otherwise you could be accused of all sorts of things...

I understand your desire and can't question your enthusiasm, but it has to be done correctly and that requires time, effort and research into the rules before you come up with ways to make the money!

Tonks
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
petet16

Post by petet16 »

As above really, I commend your enthusiasm, but would wait for the situation regarding the surviving airframes to become clear before trying to raise any funds.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Thanks for your advice guys, it is much appreciated, I was merely putting some feelers out there to see if there is still the desire within the forum to raise more money??

You can all be assured that any further fund raising projects will be carefully considered before being undertaken.

Many thanks

Andy
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I think a 'Just Giving' page or similar would probably be a good idea as then you won't get any kind of accusatory posts from people as it will be "correctly run" and the management lies with the collector and to a certain degree the charitable donations website.

There are 7 VC10's with proper 'homes' and another 1 due soon so at least you're not short on aircraft to consider raising money for!
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Helen, that sounds like a great idea, I may well look into doing that at some point soon.
ACLVC10
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi All

I will be doing a newsletter from the 'VC10der Loving Carers' group, this week, and there will, hopefully, soon be a general meeting of the group to form a committee/board and move towards setting up a charitable trust to look after one of the 'live Queens'. When this has taken place there will be a proper mechanism to handle donations; as Tonks says it has to be done carefully and properly.

I'm glad Andy and Helen are looking into more ideas though that's great you two.

Best regards.

Dave
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Dave

That's great there's a newsletter coming out shortly and also great news about setting up a commitee, I can't wait to see what the latest update is from Bruntingthorpe......I am hoping BOB is part of those plans??

Regards

Andy
ACLVC10