Latest Tapatalk version (on iOS at least)

Changes? Corrections? Additions? New forums? Post your questions, suggestions or comments here. Also I'll try to let you know what's happening with the site.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Latest Tapatalk version (on iOS at least)

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

For those of you using Tapatalk, the latest version (on iOS) is sadly not very usable. I currently don't have another option to replace this app but the current forum software will recognise phones and tablets and show a slimmed down layout when using the browser on your phone.

There are a lot of complaints about this app on their support forums and a petition has been started to get the developers to rectify this. I'm hoping to be able to continue using this app but not in its current form. Android users may have this same experience but I cannot check that myself. I'm seeing a Greek church or some sort of mosque as a forum header on the iOS app. It may not be the same on Android.

Apologies for this!
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: Latest Tapatalk version (on iOS at least)

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

For those of you hanging in there with Tapatalk, the newer versions of the app have fortunately improved the experience somewhat. They have gotten rid of the silly images that they chose to add themselves and the forum header should now show a photo of G-ASGC's tail section.

The forum software also includes a mobile skin, so those of you visiting the forum through smartphones or tablets will most likely see that. It is a simplified version of the forum interface compared with the full desktop version. This is a pretty decent compromise so the Tapatalk app may not even be needed. I use it myself though...
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.