10 years of VC10derness

Changes? Corrections? Additions? New forums? Post your questions, suggestions or comments here. Also I'll try to let you know what's happening with the site.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

10 years of VC10derness

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

A little later in this month I will have the dubious honour of hosting this website for 10 years, as I first uploaded it on 27 April 2001. I haven't quite figured out how to celebrate such an occasion so any suggestions are welcome! :-k

In the meantime I'd like to say a very large THANK YOU to all of you who have been kind enough to offer stories, photos, help or just kind words! =D>
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
vololiberista

Re: 10 years of VC10derness

Post by vololiberista »

Jelle Hieminga wrote:A little later in this month I will have the dubious honour of hosting this website for 10 years, as I first uploaded it on 27 April 2001. I haven't quite figured out how to celebrate such an occasion so any suggestions are welcome! :-k

In the meantime I'd like to say a very large THANK YOU to all of you who have been kind enough to offer stories, photos, help or just kind words! =D>

Congrats!
A free flight on a VC10 for yourself and forum subscribers perhaps????? :-))
vololiberista
ICM

Post by ICM »

Jelle: As the site approaches its 10th Birthday - and it has just struck me that the number has a special ring in this particular case - I think it's we who should be thanking you for the provision of this excellent resource, recording the history of a remarkable civil and military aircraft. Launching and then maintaining a website must involve quite a bit of personal time and expense - if you had not made the decision to do so, there's no guarantee that anyone else would have done it - so I'm very happy to offer my own word of Thanks for this first decade. Hopefully, there will be many more ..... it's just a shame that the aircraft will have to stop flying before too much longer.
Ian Macmillan
Laurieg

Post by Laurieg »

Nothing dubious about the fact that you have created an excellent resourse site for the old girl. Well done. I have enjoyed taking part and will carry on as long as I am able to. I intend to stay until the very end here at 10 central so we may have a few stories yet
=D>
Never had a GE's wallet. It was always empty when I got back but I always had a smile on my face :-)
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Thanks for the kind words guys. It's official, 10 years old today!! \:D/ --+0+--

Edit: I figure we need a smiley for a day like this:
Attachments
airplane-emoticon-VC10.gif
airplane-emoticon-VC10.gif (3.56 KiB) Viewed 18755 times
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

Jelle Hieminga wrote:Thanks for the kind words guys. It's official, 10 years old today!! \:D/ --+0+--

Edit: I figure we need a smiley for a day like this:
Perhaps this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrGAaUqGbn0footage from Biggin Hill which also contains a nice "fly Past" would be appropriate. Happy Birthday!
vololiberista