Festive greetings for 2010

Room for non-VC10 related issues, anything fits in here actually.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Festive greetings for 2010

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Hello all,

Late on Christmas eve seemed like a good time to wish you all a very happy Christmas and a successful 2011!

Website updates (hopefully) to follow next week. I usually tend to get some work done on it during the Christmas holiday but haven't found the time yet. Once I've survived the Christmas dinners I'll probably not feel like performing anything strenuous anyway so that might be a good moment. :wink:
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: Festive greetings for 2010

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

A quick message to let you know that I did manage to get some work done in the end. The main additions are:
  • A few news items, including photos of ZA147 flying after undergoing the last ever VC10 major.
  • These same photos can also be found on the photo page 'Maintaining the VC10'.
  • I've added two sound files to the memorabelia page that feature VC10 inspired music from 60's band 'The Jet Set'.
  • There have been some additions to the page about G-ASGC, including new photos taken in August 2010.
  • A sequence of photos showing a RAF VC10 C Mk.1 landing at RAF Tengah with deflated tyres.
I've recently managed to get hold of a BOAC timetable showing the routes for 1966, with that and some other information I'm hoping to be able to start a section that will show the routes that the VC10s flew during their airline years. And there may be many more updates but I'm not going to spoil the suprise by telling you lot :wink:

Enjoy!
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.