US Reg.

Any VC10 related discussions.....

US Reg.

Post by 1103 »

I see there is speculation that the US registration of 3 of the VC10 's would aid the swapping of parts to get the fourth, ZA150, into the air again. In my personal opinion the registration is of no benefit at all because what ever is removed to support 150 would have to have a full overhaul before it could be fitted to 150. That is assuming you could find someone who has the capability to overhaul 60 year old technology that was manufactured in limited numbers.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: US Reg.

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

That's a good point, but I suspect (based on what I have seen of the registration details) that they will put it on the US register as an experimental type. In that case there is a lot of leeway with regards to using parts and restoring them and it may be helpful to have the other airframes on the same register. I am no expert on this, it was someone else who suggested that this might be behind the registrations for ZA148, ZA147 and ZD241. I'm pretty sure that these will not fly, actually there may be one VC10 less by now if this post is correct: https://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic ... 73#p907473
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.