"English Beat" Super VC-10

Any VC10 related discussions.....

"English Beat" Super VC-10

Post by Guest »

Back in the eighties, there was an Anglo-Caribbean ska band called "The English Beat." They didn't like Margaret Thatcher very much, but that's another story. One of their albums, however, has what I believe is a BA Super VC-10 on the cover. You may see it here:

Any information anyone has on this aircraft or the photo would be interesting.

Charles Van Someren
ventis_secundis@hotmail.com
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Hi there, can you email ne a better pic of the cover?

I will see what I can do.

Tonks :D
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

The album Special Beat Service was released in 1982. So assuming that the photo wasn't taken a lot earlier we are looking at 1981. Many of the BA Super VC10s (as there is a door behind the wing it is definitively a Super) were stood down in 1980, with the rest in 1981. Most of these were stored at RAF Abingdon or Prestwick. What I'm trying to say here is that there were a lot of Super VC10s in those colours standing around during those days. Basically it will be very difficult to find out which aircraft this is, unless you can find someone who was involved. Now the easy answer would be G-ASGC, as this airframe was at Duxford by then and access to it would have been pretty easy.

Perhaps someone else can shed some more light on this issue!

P.s. Charles I've edited your post slightly so we can see the image without having to click on the link. Yes I know, we're lazy buggers! :mrgreen:
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.