Latest VC10 rumours...

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Latest VC10 rumours...

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

There has been a thread on PPRUNE which has some snippets of gossip about the latest state of the VC10 fleet, to read it click here.

It appears that XR808 is stuck in Changi with some major technical issues, which may be too much to handle. Also the supply of RR Conway engines in running state may be problematic. All this might lead to the RAF mothballing three airframes for spares use!

All this is still unfounded gossip, but anyone in the know is obviously welcome to add/correct as necessary!
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

808 is back home now.

There have been rumours that more jets will go as they approach Major Servicing... we wait to see just when and what.

Tonks
Laurieg

Post by Laurieg »

The rumblings around here are that the K4s should be hit. They are the least useful of the batch as it stands. With no strengthened floor they are pretty much limited to carrying a lot of fuel around.

But you know what happens, logic does not come into it. 242 is in a Major now and 240 is not too far down the line. But that is par for the course with the RAF, spend a load of money and then scrap them. :lol:
Never had a GE's wallet. It was always empty when I got back but I always had a smile on my face :-)