VC10 Model

A place to discuss scale variants of the VC10 design. Topics about die-cast models, kits or any other scale versions are welcome.
Tonkenna

VC10 Model

Post by Tonkenna »

I have read on another forum that Airfix are going to re-release the 1/144 scale model of the K2 VC10 in April. About time too, not that I am any good at building plastic kits.

I have a couple of the original kits in the box; I beleive they are quite expensive to get these days and I definatley wouldn't try to build those.

Tonks :D
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

In which part of the rumour grapevine did you pick that up? Interesting news for the modelers amongst us (I might even dust off some of my own long forgotten skills! :wink: )

Have you tried looking at Airfix collector's sites? You might be able to make some money off those boxes! (If you'd want to)
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

I actually saw it on Dave Maltby's Flt Sim chat site. I have tried to look it up on the Airtfix web site, but there appears to be a problem with it.

I keep hopeing that Corgi might get its finger out and make a model of a classic British jet in stead of all the US stuff they keep making. I know that the VC10 was not a huge success in terms of cash, but it has had a fantastic historyand has played a major part in RAF service over the past few years.

PS you are right about the old kits, but I kind of like them.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Hmm, guess I should have another look at David's site then because I must've missed it there!

I spoke to a guy in our resident Aviation shop near Schiphol and he mentioned that he is frequently in touch with Corgi and has already tried to put the idea of a VC10 model in their heads. He said he would try again when he next meets them!

I'll go and check the airfix site, it would be good if we could confirm the rumour.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

I found it here:

http://boacvirtual.totalpilot.com/cgi-b ... 38;start=0

Hope that works. (yes it does :shock: )

As for the Corgi thing. I know that it has been suggested by many dealers as they are often asked for a VC10 model, but allas it seems to be falling on deaf ears.