Post by ACLVC10 »

Hope someone took lots of pictures :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Magnum

Re: BOB

Post by Magnum »

First thing I want to say is a huge thank you to Gary for allowing us access to the airfield today.

Next thanks has to go to the weather which was much better than first feared.

As always it is great to meet other forum members and swap stories and memories of the VC10.

I am so glad I asked my dad to come with me today, he loved every minute of it. Especially meeting the family of a service colleague he spent much of his time with during his RAF career.

Hope everyone had a safe journey home, things got a little crazy for me due to flash flooding by Silverstone race circuit. Longest reverse I have had to do for many years. :P

Roll on August 26th!!!
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Well, that's me back home. Left at 05:08, returned 15:39 so ready for a lay down.

It was nice to meet folks today and a huge 'thank you' to Gary for arranging this morning's access. =D>

I haven't had the nerve to look at the pics yet but I'll post anything reasonable once I've had a rest.

Mike
GJD

Post by GJD »

The weather allowed for some great shots on a rather sad day. I am glad some of you guys made it to Brunty.
Here is 808 with wind under the wheels for the last time.
Gary :(
Attachments
IMG_7281s.JPG
Anglojet

Post by Anglojet »

Delivered in 1966 and finished up with 43,865 on the clock.
AJW

Post by AJW »

It was great to finally meet some members of the forum today...the weather certainly worked in our favor if the torrential rain on the journey home was anything to go by!

Thanks must go to Gary for making the event so public. It really was appreciated Gary!

Here are a couple of photos from me for now. I'll have to raid Dad's SD card later....unless he can remember his login details!!

One last landing:

Taxiing to join XV108 in retirement :-({{|=

Andy/ajw
Rob68

Post by Rob68 »

First post, a few from today

Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

Nice togging Rob. I only wish they'd have done a couple of passes so I could have got a side on pic like #5.

Oh, and welcome to the site.

Mike
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Welcome to the forum Rob.

I must try and find a DLSR.

I wonder if anyone got any shots as BOB left Brize today?
Jazz707

Post by Jazz707 »

Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Just got home after being caught in what I can only describe as a tornado/hurricane/monsoon at Highclere, never seen anything like it and was absolutely terrifying, a complete white out through rain coming down so hard on a flooded A303, cars and lorries were literally stopping dead on the dual carriageway as you could not see a thing! Thankfully, back safe and had a lovely day at Brunty which included standing under the Victor in a thunderstorm! I'll sort through the photo's and video tomorrow. Unfortunately I did not see anyone on here as we were with a friend who works at Brunty all day.
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

We were making our way back to the cars today when dad was asked if he would provide an interview on camera as he had flown BOB during his RAF service.

They are producing a video for a Bruntingthorpe Youtube channel and have said they will let me know when it is ready. I'll make sure to post a link once they do.
vc10boy

Post by vc10boy »

i hope that GASGM will be saved if bob is to be the runner?..it would be great to save these two from the chop?..can anyone confirm?
vc10boy,s photo,s of VC10,s over the years...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/116993858@N08/sets/
chirtman

Post by chirtman »

Not a photographer but wanted to catch a few shots from the day.

A quick wave goodbye on final approch that I couldn't focus quickly enough on!

So that only leaves 3 :( , and one may never come home :cry:
Rob68

Post by Rob68 »

Cheers guys for the comments. Silly question whats togging, ive seen it quoted on Fox2 as well?

Magnum, we spoke a few times before i had to go back to work.

BTW my shots when posted on here do not seem very sharp but when i look on my PC thet are more crisp. I host them through photobucket and have read somewhere they condence them somehow which seems to confirm where ever i post.

Ive got 5 or 6 other delivery flights into Bruntingthorpe which ill get round to posting, all very similar though as all taken from same spot. :lol: