Thumper

Re: VC10 Retirement Tribute Polo Shirt

Post by Thumper »

Love that rugby shirt Tonkenna!
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Helen

I'm very happy with the latest design and I wiould be pleased to order several, both 'T' Shirts and Polo Shirts, so that I could keep one of each in pristine condition for posterity and hve a couple of each for wearing.

The printed -v- embroidered debate has merits both ways; embroidery perhaps being more durable but less crisp; printing graphically crisp but, unless it is done really well, like Tonks Rugby shirt, then possible poor durability.

What do people think?

Maybe we could also have a small stock to sell at places like Brunty open days; perhaps on a 'Team BOB' stand to raise awareness/funds for keeping him/her running.

Well done everyone.

Dave
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

That's a really good idea Dave having a stand at Brunty events. Thinking of the bigger picture, if the idea is to go down the quality print route then perhaps an order could be placed for a leaflet at the same time, I know companies like to have more substantial orders so if more work is going their way, more possibility of a discount.
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Hi Helen,

The rugby shirt is very good quality which helps... I have a couple of pics of the one I wear regularly:

and

As you can see the Sqn badge is embroidered where as the back and the RAFBF badge on the sleeve are printed.

There is a lass in the Lego club that I am a member of who has started an embroidery company and does the clubs polo-shirts/fleeces etc... I could ask her for some quotes if required...

Dave... perhaps it may be worth walking before running re- selling at Brunty etc... lets get some concrete news from there first :wink:

Tonks --+0+--
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Guys

I think embroidered would definately look better and more professional? What do you think.....

As for selling at venues, i to think we should see if the demand is here (on the forum) before we start making a full blown enterprise out of it! :)

Tonks and Helen if you could get quotes for me that would be great :)

So have we settled on a design or are we all still mulling it over in the hope we come up with something better? I think the clear message from a few on here is to keep it simple but effective, i say:

Front: Vickers Armstrong Logo (to the right as you look at it) and the VC10 Shilouette Head on shot (on the left as you look at it)
Back: VC10 Shilouette with the words 1962 - 2013 (above) and 51 Years of Service Vickers VC10 (below)
Sleeves: www.vc10.net with maybe the RAF Ensign???

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Well... having initially deciding to keep out of the design... here are my thoughts:

The idea you have posted Andy (above) is far from simple! There is stuff everywhere! Personally I would have the Vickers logo on the front (right as you look), the VC10 on the back and the dates... nothing else, especially if you go for embroidered. If you embroider it all as suggested it will look a real mess after a few washes as even a pre-shrunk shirt will stretch or shrink a wee bit and large embroideries do not change shape at all.

I think the logo embroidered would look great... the rest, I would print... but don't put too much on it or it will look like an advert.

I have asked the Q about costs... I will see what she comes up with...

Tonks --+0+--
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Tonks

Many many thanks for your input on this subject, you always seem to make sense whatever the subject :) I think we have ourselves the shirt design??

I know i always try to over complicate things a little but your design sounds precise and straight to the point.

Wonder is Helen can whip up the design proposal on her PC, over to you Helen........

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

you always seem to make sense whatever the subject
Lol... you might not think that when you see the footy thread (ahhhhh) :wink:

Tonks :-)////)
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

I'll forgive you..... :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
tubster1275

Post by tubster1275 »

Hi,

This is a corking idea I'd probably have a couple for me and I'm pretty sure one of the lads at work would want one given that he's an ex Brize 10 mender.

Cheers,

Mike
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

tubster1275 wrote:Hi,

This is a corking idea I'd probably have a couple for me and I'm pretty sure one of the lads at work would want one given that he's an ex Brize 10 mender.

Cheers,

Mike
No problem Mike, were making strong progress on this so keep an eye for the final design :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Hokey Cokey.

Just to clarify; Embroidered Vickers logo on the front, printed VC10 silhouette on the back with the years and that's it, nothing on the sleeves, no other writing? Can we confirm that the shirt colour is going to be white and the logo's and writing will all be in black? As below (but the date in black)...

Before the wheels start turning on this we need to look into copywrite for the Vickers logo and the VC10 silhouette, I pinched the latter from the Wikipedia page.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Thumper wrote:Hokey Cokey.

Just to clarify; Embroidered Vickers logo on the front, printed VC10 silhouette on the back with the years and that's it, nothing on the sleeves, no other writing? Can we confirm that the shirt colour is going to be white and the logo's and writing will all be in black? As below (but the date in black)...

Before the wheels start turning on this we need to look into copywrite for the Vickers logo and the VC10 silhouette, I pinched the latter from the Wikipedia page.
Looks good Helen but i have PM'd you with what i feel will be the final issue, sorry to mess you around :(

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Jazz707

Post by Jazz707 »

[quote="Tonkenna"]This is a clean pic of the control wheel badge...

Still think this original version of the logo looks much better than the wiki re-created one, which has been said, nobody will know what it is!

May not want to go for the full circular version, but could still put the writing above & below the logo, straight?
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Jazz707 wrote:
Tonkenna wrote:This is a clean pic of the control wheel badge...

Still think this original version of the logo looks much better than the wiki re-created one, which has been said, nobody will know what it is!

May not want to go for the full circular version, but could still put the writing above & below the logo, straight?
I think this is what Helen going to do for me in the final attempt at getting one that everyone likes :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10