VC10 Retirement Tribute Polo Shirt - Final Designs

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Laurieg

Re: VC10 Retirement Tribute Polo Shirt - Final Designs

Post by Laurieg »

Andy & Helen, seems like a long haul with all these loops, doesn't it :-({{|=

Do you think that Gary might be able to market these as part of a combined effort?

Let us face it, we are a crowd of VC10 fans who want to get the message out that there is a queen of the skies that a lot of people have not heard of. If Gary has BOB and wants to exhibit it then why not combine with him? We do not need to be separate entities, (with twice the costs).

I am sure that Gary would appreciate any help, financial or otherwise, so why not use this a way of promoting the type, (we all want the same thing).
Never had a GE's wallet. It was always empty when I got back but I always had a smile on my face :-)
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Helen & Andy

I think that you should ask Gary if he is ok with this idea, as he will be the owner of BOB.

Best regards.

Dave
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

A good point made Laurie and Dave. Gary's involvement/ownership of XR808 is something me and Andy have been talking about 'behind the scenes'. At the moment we are focusing on getting the final decision from fellow enthusiasts on here on the type of shirt. Next up I will look into the copywrite issue and will contact Gary to see how he feels on this venture. Then we have to work on prices and production. Once we get the green light on the above we will get a couple of sample shirts made, do some model shots and get working on a poster campaign. We intend to run off 30 shirts to start with, they will go out to forum members who have made an "order", we will trial an eBay auction and see what Joe Public think. After that we will see how successful this has been and if so we shall look into running off more for events and if Gary expresses an interest we will look into that too.

The most important thing to remember is that neither of us have large amounts of money to throw into or indeed lose in this venture so we need to start small, secure deposits and work away at this slowly based on where the interest is. So far we are talking £400 for 30 shirts, not an amount to be sniffed at and I am sure you can appreciate why we are treading carefully. We want this to be as close to perfect as we can get it before any commitment is made :D

Helen
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Manofmendip wrote:Helen & Andy

I think that you should ask Gary if he is ok with this idea, as he will be the owner of BOB.

Best regards.

Dave
Hi Dave

I'm not trying to be awkward but it's purely a design to commemorating the service of the VC10, it's not directly linked to BOB :)

Me and Helen have just made the decision to put any profit towards a VC10 whichever one thats is to its preservation and upkeep!

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Andy & Helen.

I fully understand where you are coming from.

Certainly take firm orders on here; the question of payment up front needs to be discussed.

Dave
Last edited by Manofmendip on Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

HI Dave

The only reason why the 2 of us are taking payments up front is for that fact that we both dont have that kind of money spare and to potentially put towards a venture that doesnt lift off if you pardon the pun :)

Andy

--+0+--
Manofmendip wrote:Hi Andy & Helen.

I fully understand where you are ciming from.

Certainly take firm orders on here; the question of payment up front needs to be discussed.

Dave
ACLVC10
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

The question of payment up front will be discussed when we get answers to the questions above. At the moment we're at the point where we cannot progress with this as questions from potential "donators" need to be answered and a lot of work and discussion still needs to take place. I appreciate everyone's patience, we are working as hard as we can to get the green light!
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Andy & Helen

I'm with you on the payment up front as being the thing that needs to be done, we need to find a safe way of doing it.

Keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to getting my shirts.

Best wishes and regards.

Dave
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Thank you for your support Dave it is greatly appreciated :D
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

You are very welcome Helen

We are still happy to have new members to the 'VC10der Loving Carers' group, even though our original goal of keeping one flying is unattainable. So pm me with your name & contact details, including email, if you would like to be added to our list of members, membership is free, and I will email you our newsletters.

This invitation applies to all on here and the group will now be concentrating on helping Gary with Bob, subject to Gary being happy with this, which I will confirm this week.

Dave
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Hi Guys

Over the next couple of days me and Helen will be posting the final design for our shirt :)

Once this is up we can all discuss sizes, price, payment and any other concerns you guys have?

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Great Andy

ATB

Dave
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »