Brize Photocall

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Anglojet

Brize Photocall

Post by Anglojet »

Apparently the commander of 216 sq has set up an event for the 22nd Sept featuring VC10, L1011 and C130. Anyone know any more details?
Jazz707

Re: Brize Photocall

Post by Jazz707 »

Fantastic news that an event has been arranged for these iconic aircraft at Brize, so a HUGE thanks to 216 Squadron! Thanks also to Noel Shearer for his effort in arranging this, as well as the Station Commander for his support =D>

"Hi all, For a little while now I have been in negotiations after highlighting an interest in the retirement of several RAF aircraft which include the VC-10, Tristar and C-130K. I mentioned there would be a lot of interest in these types, especially as some are very close to leaving frontline service.

So I am very pleased to announce an event that has been put forward for us to support. So i am hoping that as many of my fellow colleagues, enthusiasts, can support this to make it a successful day.

I attach details and look forward to meeting with people on the day.

With the kind permission of the Station Commander, RAF Brize Norton, a short-notice window of opportunity has appeared that allows us to hold an Aviation Enthusiasts' Event on Sunday 22nd September between 1000-1500 hours. This event will be the last chance to get up close and dirty with 3 iconic aircraft that are shortly to leave RAF service.

There will be the opportunity to view (inside and out) and photograph a Vickers VC-10, due to retire at the end of September, a Lockheed C-130K, due to retire at the end of October, and a Lockheed L1011 Tristar that is due to retire in early 2014. Throughout the day, crews and engineers from each aircraft will be available to show enthusiasts around and answer any questions that you may have. For security reasons, this day will only be open to 200 people on a first-come, first-served basis, so get your bids in early!Although the event is free, a cash donation of £20 to the RAF Benevolent Fund is strongly encouraged and will be collected on the day.

If you are interested in coming then please email your intent to: 216Sqn-Events@mod.uk with the following details of those in your party:

Full name
Phone number
Address
Car make, model, colour and registration (if known)
Age (if under 18)
Any special requirements
Estimated arrival time

All those attending will be parking off-base at RAF Brize Norton and, following security checks, will be transported on and off the camp by a bus service that will run throughout the day. Last time of entry will be 1400; last bus will leave the camp at 1500. Please do not attempt to gain entry via the main gate – you will be refused entry! Details on where to park and requested arrival time will be sent with confirmation of your place.

All adults will need to bring some form of photo ID – either driving licence or UK passport. No ID, no entry I'm afraid! The last date for UK passport holders to send their details is Friday 13th September; the last date for foreign passport holders to apply is Friday 6th September.

Soft drinks and a picnic area will be available, but please bring your own packed lunch. Furthermore, there will be the opportunity to purchase various Squadron merchandise such as prints, stickers etc and get crews to autograph if desired. Unfortunately, there will be no passenger flying or flypasts – any aircraft movements during the day will be for operational reasons only.

I very much look forward to seeing you there!

Wing Commander Pete Morgan, OC 216 Squadron

Regards Noel Shearer"

Edit - Correct email address added
Anglojet

Post by Anglojet »

Thanks for confirming.
FunnyBus

Post by FunnyBus »

Nice one WC Morgan and all concerned at Brize =D>
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

E mail sent. Fingers crossed.

Huge =D> to everyone involved in setting up this opportunity.
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

This is a fantastic opportunity. I have applied too.
Gsxr600

Post by Gsxr600 »

I've sent my application in. Hope it comes off, this is a brilliant way to mark the end.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

I'm looking at going to the photocall but need to find some very cheap accommodation for the night before as I'm travelling up from plymouth and would rather get there the night before, anyone know any cheap b&bs, I only need a bed :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
Anglojet

Post by Anglojet »

You could try Carpenters B&B IN Carterton.
FunnyBus

Post by FunnyBus »

The Romany Inn in Bampton has 1 room available on Laterooms.com
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Fingers crossed its still there when I managed to book it tonight ????? :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
FunnyBus

Post by FunnyBus »

Sold out according to a post on UKAR http://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=54669
Flour Power

Post by Flour Power »

I wonder when we'll get confirmation or otherwise?

Has anyone heard yet?
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Well thats my application in....just need to find a close, cheap accommodation for the night before :)

Andy

--+0+--
ACLVC10
FunnyBus

Post by FunnyBus »

Flour Power wrote:I wonder when we'll get confirmation or otherwise?

Has anyone heard yet?
Nothing heard here.