Bruntingthorpe arrivals - Important

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Magnum

Bruntingthorpe arrivals - Important

Post by Magnum »

Many people are asking questions about the final arrivals at Bruntingthorpe.

May I remind people that Gary has a business to run and is a very busy man, with most of his time taken up with meetings at present.

Gary will have some news regarding the arrivals in the next few days.

Can I ask you all to wait patiently until Gary makes an announcement like he did concerning BOB's arrival.

Rich.
VC10der Loving Carers.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: Bruntingthorpe arrivals - Important

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

A very valid point and one I'd like to reaffirm. If any news from Gary comes in then I will also distribute this through the site and the site's Facebook page. Until then we just don't have the answers I'm afraid.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Lee606

Post by Lee606 »

Please open up a part of the airfield and charge people a fiver? So many people will want to get as close as possible & certainly not miss this.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

You can't just open up an airfield to members of the public and hold an event even for 5 quid a head, it's ridiculous, for a start it's not an airshow, it is 1 or maybe 2 aircraft coming in to land. The biggest problem is because it's just that happening what would happen if the weather was too bad or the aircraft went tech? You'd have a load of people £5 down who went to see nothing (Museum is only open Sundays and Open Days).

When I was at Bruntingthorpe in July a crowd of people walked almost right up to the runway whereas I was told you were not permitted to do so, I know for a fact it included members on here and I believe it was on someones say so that they could do it but in my opinion it was far too close.

VC10's coming in to land is not an airshow, there is no crowd control, barriers, ambulances, health and safety or risk assessments done with regards to a load of people stood there, therefore I can understand why these things are not broadcast.
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

Still not had any confirmation yet I'm afraid.