From first to last

Post all photo threads, or photo-heavy threads here. (Links to) videos are also welcome here.
RichardHale

From first to last

Post by RichardHale »

Having photographed ZA150, then 5H-MOG, just prior to its first flight it was fantastic to witness the final flight today at Dunsfold. My photo's are attached
Attachments
Dunsfold 24/9/13
Dunsfold 24/9/13
On the starter strip at Brooklands, February 1970
On the starter strip at Brooklands, February 1970
jonf45

Re: From first to last

Post by jonf45 »

Fantastic :D , oh, for a time machine!!!

Jon
Rover75

Post by Rover75 »

I wonder how many people would have believed you if you said at the time that the aircraft would remain in service for 43 years...?

Mike
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Hi Richard, it's great to see those shots together! I must have walked past you a few times today, shame we didn't get to meet! Any chance I could use your 1970 shot on the site?
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Hi Rover 75

Well, Ernie Marshall for one. Ernie was the Senior Project Engineer on the VC10 and I knew him when I worked at Weybridge in 1970.

Ernie told me that he wouldn't be surprised to see a VC10 still flying in 50 years.

Dave
RichardHale

Post by RichardHale »

Jelle Hieminga wrote:Hi Richard, it's great to see those shots together! I must have walked past you a few times today, shame we didn't get to meet! Any chance I could use your 1970 shot on the site?
Please feel free to use the photo in anyway you see fit. Anything to celebrate this wonderful aircraft is welcomed by me.
RichardHale

Post by RichardHale »

Rover75 wrote:I wonder how many people would have believed you if you said at the time that the aircraft would remain in service for 43 years...?

Mike
Not too many in truth, although once the tanker conversion programme got underway I started to dream. Hope springs eternal and all that!!!!