VC10 airfix models

A place to discuss scale variants of the VC10 design. Topics about die-cast models, kits or any other scale versions are welcome.
WeddingVC10

Re: VC10 airfix models

Post by WeddingVC10 »

Hi Thumper, missed you at brunty for ZA-147
I did remember to prize a 1/144 VC10 from my loft for Brian.
As well as a good stock of 1/144 10's in every guise i've got one Airways 1/72 vac-form built but not painted yet, One Airways 1/72 vac-form boxed mint, one Magna 1/72 boxed mint, all of which I have been collecting for years =D>
I've built a Frog 1/144 super as it should be with the strange clear rods for lighting and I'm in the middle of building one now using modern lights using pea bulbs and fiber optics.
I think I might give it a Cmk1 paint job, Grey/White and call it a Cmk2 as this is my Favorite scheme. :-)////)

My dream is to have a 1/72 injection kit with fuselarge plugs for the super, all windows cut for civil with separate window plugs for RAF versions and all the trimmings.
I would gladly pay good money for that baby or 54 of them or 98 at a guess to cover all liveries!!!

Andy
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Blimey Andy that's quite a collection you have there! I wasn't at Brunty for ZA147 coming in but I was there for XR808. I can't stand having models sat around waiting to be lovingly built, I just have to skip non important matters like housework and eating to make time :mrgreen:

I think the Gemini models are superb, no work to put into them but they do look very good. I'd love to see some photographs of your Frog model with the lighting that sounds great!
Craig

Post by Craig »

Thumper wrote:Blimey Andy that's quite a collection you have there! I wasn't at Brunty for ZA147 coming in but I was there for XR808. I can't stand having models sat around waiting to be lovingly built, I just have to skip non important matters like housework and eating to make time :mrgreen:

I think the Gemini models are superb, no work to put into them but they do look very good. I'd love to see some photographs of your Frog model with the lighting that sounds great!
Yep you're right the Gemini models are quite smart, not perfect, but they do look good. Just SOOO small! Still waiting for a decent diecast VC-10 in the larger scakles, but sadly the JC/First Choice ones all had too many issues. I have the Corgi one, which is rather "rugged", but the finish is the nearest on the grey version. Hopefully they might give us a "Bob" to accompany the standard grey release from a few years back.
NewquayVC10

Post by NewquayVC10 »

I did manage to pick up a nice little diecast stripey vc10 model in the Manchester aviation park bargain half price box complete with presentation box showing vc10 flying into sunset. its very little but for 14 quid I am not complaining as its quite cute!!