section for models?

Changes? Corrections? Additions? New forums? Post your questions, suggestions or comments here. Also I'll try to let you know what's happening with the site.
Broadwas

section for models?

Post by Broadwas »

I just wondered if there was any support for a section for VC10 Models on this forum? Perhaps a 'how to build an Airfix/Frog/Novo/Welsh Model /Squadron/Magna or Anigrand Craftwork kit?? (Have I missed any out?)

Who knows, one or two flustrated builders could create their very own 'fliers' :mrgreen: As they chuck 'em out of the window in a fit of angst :twisted:
Thumper

Re: section for models?

Post by Thumper »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Gotta be the best description I have seen of building a VC10 model!

I think a model section would be a nice addition. I just have to wait for the craziness on eBay to finish before I purchase one of my own!
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

Thumper wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think a model section would be a nice addition. I just have to wait for the craziness on eBay to finish before I purchase one of my own!
One could add Simming also to models as you get a real taste of the cockpit workload and managing all the different systems as well as 'flying'!
vololiberista
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Oh yes, I do love a bit of FSX as well! Not played it for a long time as I need to purchase a joystick! I have the VC10 pack along with several other favourites including the huge Harrier pack, that's an evil thing to operate! :twisted:
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

Thumper wrote:Oh yes, I do love a bit of FSX as well! Not played it for a long time as I need to purchase a joystick! I have the VC10 pack along with several other favourites including the huge Harrier pack, that's an evil thing to operate! :twisted:
The most comprehensive VC10 model is for FS9 (it mostly works in FSX). i.e. David Maltby's free download plus panel updates on Avsim. You would need a control column (spectacles as they used to say) it more realistic.
vololiberista
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Thanks for that, I will have a look when I get myself set up to play it again, I just hope my laptop has enough graphics power to run it as it's a thirsty programme in that respect! I fly Dave Maltby's Gulf Air Golden Falcon 10, it's my favourite! :-)////)
Broadwas

Post by Broadwas »

Talking about Gulf Air Golden Falcon VC10's A photo came up for auction on ebay showing a Golden Falcon VC10 that had clearly been sub leased to Air Ceylon judging by the additional titles. Yet another colourful model to get decals for then! I think another email to Ray Charles is due.
Broadwas

Post by Broadwas »

Thumper wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm willing to bet that more than a few models have made unscheduled 'flights' :mrgreen: Years ago an old Airix Skyray made several successful 'flights' (in so far that it survived intact), at the hands of my young relatives. The skyray survives to this day. Unlike the 1/72 B-52 which only ever made one 'flight' which I'm told, turned into a fair impression of a Stuka dive bomber. Sadly the B-52 failed to recover from it's dive and smashed itself to bits in my garden pond. Upset the Goldfish no end that did :lol: It also sank an Airfix HMS Hood model at the same time, you'd have thought it would have clobbered the nearby Bismark :mrgreen: I suppose it was yet another case of blue on blue :oops:
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Hahahaha brilliant :lol:

I mentioned in a previous thread on here some of my past builds, the (sh)Italeri F/86 Sabre was the worst and did make an unscheduled flight out of the window and into the garden, that was a horrible build. It survived relatively unscathed so I stamped on it. It felt good :twisted:

A recent Vulcan build refused to sit on it's nose wheel even with led weights and a ton of cement in the nose but it was a nice simple build, can't remember the make though!

The Trumpeter SU-27 was a nice build until you got to the digital camouflage decals, then you needed a bucket of patience and a meditation CD.

Currently my 1/24 Airfix P-51D is at a friends house as I cannot look at it without thinking about destroying it. The only way it will stay together is with duct tape and cable ties plus it's more warped than a Star Trek Spaceship doing a speed of 11. I'm not sure how to progress on that one but seeing as it's Big Beautiful Doll, if it all goes horribly wrong I can just make it as a Duxford Flying Legends special :-)////)

Don't worry, no-one was hurt...

mustang crash by srsteelphotos, on Flickr

Post by 1103 »

Thumper wrote:Oh yes, I do love a bit of FSX as well! Not played it for a long time
I think a few Flt Simmers might take exception of the term 'played' :D

Paul
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Well for the "proper" people out there they fly it, for me I play with it, a favourite activity of mine is getting the Russian Knights SU-27 through the Golden Gate bridge pylons :lol:
vololiberista

Post by vololiberista »

Thumper wrote:Well for the "proper" people out there they fly it, for me I play with it, a favourite activity of mine is getting the Russian Knights SU-27 through the Golden Gate bridge pylons :lol:
Well when you get your mitts on the Super VC10 model you'll be able to see how much fun it is. :P
At the moment I'm having a lot of hassle trying to get the pitch of the HP compressor to match that of the LP compressor. At high rpm both are more or less equal but at idle for example the LP is at 25% and the HP is at 56% so the HP pitch curve is too bassey at idle. I'll have to do a video (that's at least a day's work to include all the check-lists, take-off and landing). But I've got an upcoming commitment so that's a few weeks off. So we'll see.
vololiberista
EGDGZTCW

Post by EGDGZTCW »

Can we include diecast in this section ?
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Or we could just have a memorabilia section?? :)
ACLVC10
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

As there seems to be some interest in this, I've created a forum for discussions about scale VC10s. I've started by moving aceebee's and ICM's posts into a new topic in there. I'll have a look around to see if there are other topics that could be moved to that section. Feel free to put any suggestions for threads that could be moved in here (with link please).
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.