Tristar Fleet

Room for non-VC10 related issues, anything fits in here actually.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Re: Tristar Fleet

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

The question is whether they'll get that much for a Tri* of course. I'm getting the impression that they're trying to sell them as is, with AAR capability. If a foreign Air Force buys them then getting them certified may not be a big issue, they'll have to conform to their military certification standards.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
CONWAY4

Post by CONWAY4 »

The advert states that both aircraft for sale are in California!
mike j

Post by mike j »

There is a big nasty looking yellow machine parked next to the "Cambridge Two". It does not look good!!!

:(
Gsxr600

Post by Gsxr600 »

Jelle Hieminga wrote:The question is whether they'll get that much for a Tri* of course. I'm getting the impression that they're trying to sell them as is, with AAR capability. If a foreign Air Force buys them then getting them certified may not be a big issue, they'll have to conform to their military certification standards.
I can't see why anyone would want them for anything other than tanking. Even the cargo versions with the big door would surely be more costly to run than a more prolific DC10/MD11.

The deal that nearly got done was for a new company startup similar to Omega - so they would be on the civilian register but used for refuelling military assets of any nation who needed extra tanking.
mike j

Post by mike j »

The end of 949 has started!!!
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Rich, how could you put that video up! It's upsetting, even for a VC10 enthusiast :(
ACLVC10
Gsxr600

Post by Gsxr600 »

ACLVC10 wrote:Rich, how could you put that video up! It's upsetting, even for a VC10 enthusiast :(
Its even more upsetting for a Tri* enthusiast. That's a horrible site to see, at least the others might have a new life in America soon. What's also upsetting is all the money wasted on upgrading 949 which was never used, and a perfectly good low houred airframe never flown for years. Money down the drain.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

I should know but where is 949 anyhow?
ACLVC10
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

is at Marshalls.

Wasn't meant to upset, I hate seeing destruction like this too, no finesse, no respect.
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Sadly you can't keep everything and it would never have been possible to get it out of Cambridge. Not sure how you chop something into bits to get melted down with respect or finesse tbh, other than behind screensperhaps but hey ho...

Anyway,another miss-timed project that went wrong; we will learn one day!

--+0+--
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
mike j

Post by mike j »

706 is being done this morning......
:(
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Any news/update on the tristar fleet?

Andy
ACLVC10
Gsxr600

Post by Gsxr600 »

The remaining 6 are all at Bruntingthorpe under care and maintenance until the buyer flies them out is all I know. Does anyone have any more inside info, I guess GJD will know the current status but it might be commercially sensitive to share with the world.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Gsxr600 wrote:The remaining 6 are all at Bruntingthorpe under care and maintenance until the buyer flies them out is all I know. Does anyone have any more inside info, I guess GJD will know the current status but it might be commercially sensitive to share with the world.
Many thanks for your update.

Andy
ACLVC10