G-ARVM is being taken apart.

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

G-ARVM is being taken apart.

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Sad news, but on the Flypast forums a message was posted telling us that 'VM has lost its outer wings and has been moved to a different part of the museum site. This can only be the first sign that the process of taking the aircraft apart has started. :-({{|=

Topic here: http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showthread.php?t=61517
The last photos to surface of 'VM as a whole airframe can be seen here: http://forum.keypublishing.co.uk/showth ... post992277
Last edited by Jelle Hieminga on Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

There are some truely horrible pics, and this is still unforgiveable by Cosford...

Tonks
VC10-Feff

Post by VC10-Feff »

Hello, Jelle: I just read and saw the pictures regarding the standard VC10 at Cosford and I'm heartbroken, to say the least. It's like seeing one of your best friends being ripped from limb to limb! I'm sorry it had to come to this as one would've thought there might've been enough will power or resources to save this glorious piece of British design and innovation. But thanks for keeping all us abreast of what's going on. Best regards, M.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

I know that the pictures are not exactly conductive to a positive mindset, but contrary to what's being reported in this month's Flypast the whole fuselage will be going to Brooklands. An announcement was made by the museum director on the Flypast forums a short while ago and this was also posted on the fence surrounding the aircraft at Cosford. I'm sure that more news will follow shortly.

Certainly preserving a whole aircraft is everyone's dream, but with the state of the aircraft, a parking space and restoration and transportation costs to consider, I'm sure that this is a more palatable outcome for G-ARVM than what happened to the 707 and especially the Trident.

Only click on this link if you've got a strong stomach: Scrapping of the tail section of 'VM.
'VM's reaction to all this
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
MiniMadAndrew

VC10 at brooklands

Post by MiniMadAndrew »

This VC10 has ended up at Brooklands - it is sat just at the bottom of their sprint hill thing. It does lok very sorry there but i believe that there are plans to restore it!!
MiniMadAndrew