Please read: cleaning out of memberlist!

Changes? Corrections? Additions? New forums? Post your questions, suggestions or comments here. Also I'll try to let you know what's happening with the site.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Please read: cleaning out of memberlist!

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Dear users,

Due to an increasing number of people (spambots more likely) who sign up for forums only to leave a dodgy website link in their profile, I've posted this as an announcement that I will be cleaning out the membership list next week. Users who will be deleted will have the following characteristics:
- Membership has never been activated, strange username and/or no information in profile.
- Profile contains link to a website with an obvious commercial goal, nothing has been posted by this user.

I will only clean out obvious cases, so regular users, activated users or users that have an obvious connection to the VC10 will remain on the list. If anyone is in doubt about their status please send me an e-mail on vickers_vc10 [at] zonnet.nl and we'll do our best to get everything sorted!

In the future I will add a disclaimer to the agreement on the registration page which will state that spam registrations will be deleted, that will give me some more room to deal with these cases.

I hope that this will help in keeping this forum clean of unnecessary rubbish (apart from the stuff we post ourselves obviously :mrgreen: ).

Bye now! 8)
Last edited by Jelle Hieminga on Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

The excersise mentioned above has been postponed until further notice. I have to go on holiday first! Behave while I'm gone please :mrgreen: :wink:
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

As promised, I've trimmed down the memberlist from 155 to just 82 enthusiastic VC10 lovers!

There may still be some stray crazies around but for now I'll leave things as they are. If anyone signed up with honest intentions and was deleted by mistake then please e-mail me through the address on the main site! We will get you back online again!