ZA150 Static Exhibit Only At Dunsfold Wings & Wheels

Any VC10 related discussions.....

ZA150 Static Exhibit Only At Dunsfold Wings & Wheels

Post by 1103 »

It is with regret I have to announce that ZA150 only be a static exhibit (open to the public) at this years Dunsfold Wing & Wheels due to organisational issues. Nobody is more dissappointed about this than the maintenance crew. We were really looking forward to showing her off.

Paul
Thumper

Re: ZA150 Static Exhibit Only At Dunsfold Wings & Wheels

Post by Thumper »

What a rotten shame, you've worked so hard to get her up and running and now you can't show her off running, gutted for you all.
Gsxr600

Post by Gsxr600 »

That's really disappointing, was main reason I was going to go to Wings and Wheels. Any plans for a run at a smaller event in the future or will it be next year now?

Post by 1103 »

Gsxr600 wrote:That's really disappointing, was main reason I was going to go to Wings and Wheels. Any plans for a run at a smaller event in the future or will it be next year now?
I thought that may be the case for some vc10.netters so that is why I posted it now rather than have you guys (& gals) find out on the day.

edit: I must add on hearing this disappointing news the 241 team offered help in case there was anything they could do. We appreciated those offers.

I would like to think that we could have a thrash down the runway at some other Dunsfold events in the future.

Rest assured the long term plan remains to keep her live for HS Taxi's. The maintenance team is as keen as ever and the museum's attitude is that they have spent a lot of money on 150 and don't want it to become a white elephant.

Paul