VC10 Tribute Polo Shirt Funds

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

As many will remember Andy (ACLVC10) and me designed and produced a Vickers VC10 tribute polo shirt last year to help raise funds to keep a VC10 'alive'. We ran 2 batches and through everyones purchases and kind donations we raised £285.28p to donate to the 'VC10der Loving Carers'.

At the time we were fundraising it was XR808 which was earmarked for preservation at Bruntingthorpe but this has since changed and ZD241 is now the VC10 which will be kept as the runner at Brunty with XR808 going to Cosford at some point this year.

The funds have today been transferred to the VC10der Loving Carers bank account and I believe either David (ManofMendip) or Rich (Magnum) will let everyone know how the money will be spent to help with the preservation of ZD241.

Thank you again to everyone who helped and supported the project from the start and all who bought the polo shirts and donated =D>
Magnum

Re: VC10 Tribute Polo Shirt Funds

Post by Magnum »

Thank you Helen and Andy for your efforts with the T-shirt fundraising project.

The group is still very much in its infancy and has a long road ahead of it. There is a lot to learn to make a project of this nature successful and things will take time.

Ultimately funds raised will be put towards the costs of running and maintaining ZD241.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Does that mean we get one of those lovely GJD shirts that Tonks and co were sporting in the picture posted the other day ;)
ACLVC10
export10

Post by export10 »

deleted
Last edited by export10 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
bobisqueen

Post by bobisqueen »

I'm afraid that the polo shirts being worn by 241's crew, won't be available to anyone else. These were designed by all of us with the help of one of the crews good ladies. They were also financed by just us the crew. We wanted something to give us, the crew some identity. It was decided to put GJD's logo on to give them some recognition for all they have done to keep 241 a runner..

Hope this helps to clarify
Magnum

Post by Magnum »

I had hoped the recent post by Dave had clarified the position of rhe group.

ZD241 is owned, maintained and operated by GJD and a team of experienced VC10 engineers and crew. Members of our group have been able to assist at times and will continue to do so at events like CWJ days if required.

The main purpose of the VC10der Loving Carers is to start raising money to help pay the costs involved in keeping the aircraft in top condition for many years to come so everyone can come along to events and experience the wonderful sight and sounds as she powers down the runway. Without GJD and the team this wouldn't be possible. Enjoy it don't moan about it.
Manofmendip

Post by Manofmendip »

Dear All

Thank you Helen and Rich for explaining things regarding the polo shirt money and the roles of the VC10der Loving Carers, GJD and the 'A Team' . The roles are this: GJD own ZD241; the 'A Team' are the skilled engineers, the dedicated chaps who are doing all the work to keep ZD241 in tip top condition; and VC10der Loving Carers are, the fund raising group to raise money to support the running of the aeroplane and to raise awareness of the project.

Each ground run costs around £1,500 and, initially, it is intended that the funds being raised by the group will assist with these costs.

The group will be having a committee meeting, sometime in late September/early October, and many things will be aired and discussed at that meeting, not the least a membership structure and membership form. As Rich (Magnum) has said the group is in its infancy and we are formulating our plans and, until the committee have considered and voted on them I am unable to give you any details at the moment. This will change, after the committee meeting, and I will then post more information, including a membership form an details of members benefits etc., so that our informal 'interested persons' list that has grown since the group was formed in December 2012 will, I hope, be transformed into a list of fully paid up members.

I would like to thank Helen (Thumper) and Andy (ACLVC10) for their hard work in designing and arranging the manufacture and distribution of the white polo shirts.

The 'A Team's' shirts are fantastic but they are their own and not for general sale.

Come and see 241 at the CWJ Open Day this Sunday and enjoy a great Bristish aircraft.

Regards.

Dave Simmonds
Chairman VC10der Loving Carers
export10

Post by export10 »

deleted
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

I'm not entirely sure why this thread has gone off into yet another 'clarification rant' with mention of moaning. This thread has nothing to do with 'The A Team' or GJD Services, all this has been explained elsewhere so quite why it's in here I have no idea. I note that 2 posts have been deleted which now means the thread is a mess and does not make much sense.

I started this thread to keep members up to date with where the funds went from the polo shirts, it's almost an entire YEAR ago this money was raised and quite rightly people have been questioning where it had gone. This forum does not read very well at the moment with people arguing left, right and centre with threads being derailed. Clean up in aisle 3, please.
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Hi Thumper, you're correct in stating that the readability of some threads has suffered. The deleted posts are all from 'export10' who took a disagreement on the ZA150 at W&W thread the wrong way. He asked to be removed from the forum but I figured he might change his mind and left his profile up. He then went and deleted all his posts, not just the ones in the current discussion. I cannot get those back unfortunately.

The derailment in here had nothing to do with your explanation. It was good of you to explain the disposition of the funds on here and I hope that this has answered the open questions that were out there.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

Thank you for the clarification Jelle, what a shame there's been this blip on the forum. Hopefully onwards and upwards from here and perhaps export10 would like to come back at some point.