ZA150 at wings and wheels

Any VC10 related discussions.....
ACLVC10

Re: ZA150 at wings and wheels

Post by ACLVC10 »

A bigger organisation potentially has more exhibits to maintain, therefore needing to spread the money in the right directions and whatever is needing the most gets it.......hope I'm making sense??
ACLVC10
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

Good grief... can folks not just be happy these ac are being looked after and preserved... no point 150 going to Brunty as it or 241 would have been chopped (can't keep two running) and why would St Mawgan want 2? There were few if any other options and it is unlikely that if there were she would have been kept live.

The guys on 150 are doing a fine job and sadly they have been beaten by politics for running her this time but please be happy that she is in one serviceable piece!
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Tonkenna wrote:Good grief... can folks not just be happy these ac are being looked after and preserved... no point 150 going to Brunty as it or 241 would have been chopped (can't keep two running) and why would St Mawgan want 2? There were few if any other options and it is unlikely that if there were she would have been kept live.

The guys on 150 are doing a fine job and sadly they have been beaten by politics for running her this time but please be happy that she is in one serviceable piece!
Well said Tonks ;)
ACLVC10
export10

Post by export10 »

deleted
Last edited by export10 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post by 1103 »

export10 wrote:I would think that a bigger organisation could do things quicker. There's only one article on the brooklands site about ZA150. Surly if they had more on their website would help.
Believe me, I tried to address that shortfall.

I stand to be corrected but I believe the 241 group has only 241 to look after. Newquay has a static exhibit devoid of engines and hydraulics.

Brooklands has an aviation section comprising of over 25 aircraft, car section, motor-bike section & a bicycle section as well as the maintenance of a section of an historic racetrack so ZA150 is only a very small part of the jigsaw puzzle that makes up the Brooklands collection. You may be a pro VC10 but to the vast majority of visitors and staff ZA150 is only a small part of the collection. We should just be grateful the Trustee's are prepared to spend time & money including public liability insurance on keeping 150 live.

Many thanks to the other posters who seem to have a better understanding of the practicalities of keeping an old aircraft in a live condition with limited resources.

Paul
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

ZA150 at wings and wheels

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

Expert10: I have tried to explain the situation as well as I can with my limited knowledge and having just read through the whole thread I feel that everyone has done their best to answer your questions fully and without any strong words. What more can we do?

Please understand that you are indeed entitled to your opinion but once you post this on a forum you also have to accept that you will receive responses, positive and sometimes negative. This is not dissimilar to voicing your opinion to a group of people in a public place. I would suggest using this as a test before posting: consider whether you would have said the same thing in a face to face situation with Paul and the others who have posted here today. If you want to leave, feel free. You chose to visit this place, you're free to leave when you want.
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
export10

Post by export10 »

deleted
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

export10 wrote:Yes Jelle, I would like to leave please

I would say these things to anyone as there my opinions, this is what forums are all about. I don't expect people to agree with me. Its clear to me that people on hear would rather me not saying anything. I respect what Paul has to say, but in return I don't have to agree with him either, but it's seems that if I don't, I'm in the wrong.

I believe that no one is right or wrong on a forum.
Yes everyone has a right to there opinion but please understand that each project whether it be Newquay, Bruntingthorpe or Brooklands has there own financial restrictions and limits ......
ACLVC10
Tonkenna

Post by Tonkenna »

I believe that no one is right or wrong on a forum.
Then why leave... if you are entitled to your opinion then so is everyone else! I think some of what you said is wrong, but that is just my opinion... if you feel strongly then say so, but don't be upset if folks disagree. If we all agreed it would be terribly boring!

:wink:
Please check out my Flickr account: http://www.flickr.com/photos/zz330/
export10

Post by export10 »

deleted

Post by 1103 »

I notice you haven't answered my question on where Brooklands, a Surrey based organisation, should have had 150 delivered to instead of Dunsfold.

As Brooklands have got it so wrong, you must know what the ideal solution should have been. Perhaps you could enlighten us on what you would have done with 150.

As I said way back, 150 is accessible. Just PM me and a date can be arranged for a viewing - that way you get what you want without paying £2.00 of your hard earned cash.

Paul
export10

Post by export10 »

deleted
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

1103 wrote:I notice you haven't answered my question on where Brooklands, a Surrey based organisation, should have had 150 delivered to instead of Dunsfold.

As Brooklands have got it so wrong, you must know what the ideal solution should have been. Perhaps you could enlighten us on what you would have done with 150.

As I said way back, 150 is accessible. Just PM me and a date can be arranged for a viewing - that way you get what you want without paying £2.00 of your hard earned cash.

Paul
It's ok Paul, I'll give him the £2 ;);)

Andy
ACLVC10
export10

Post by export10 »

deleted
Last edited by export10 on Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
ACLVC10

Post by ACLVC10 »

Not a personal dig just don't understand what the issue is the fact that the £2 charge keeps appearing.
ACLVC10