VC10, baseball, caps, jackets etc. - survey

Any VC10 related discussions.....
Murray Keene

VC10, baseball, caps, jackets etc. - survey

Post by Murray Keene »

I have done a few designs for the above but wondered what the general opinion is for going with this? I imagine the aircraft have developed a MASSIVE following over the years and selling merchandise can fund their preservation, as the success of Vulcan group, Lancaster etc have proved.

I don't want anything from this, profits will go totally to the VCtendercarers and preservation of remaining airframes and production of more items. I have contacted a few companies who just want a design, logo etc to set up their machines and away we go. I am happy to pay for an initial trial run, then if successful they will be self funding.

Possibilities are endless from a humble key ring or pen at pocket money prices for little Johnny up to quality jackets, fleeces etc? Maybe this site could set up an offshoot marketing website etc?

Opinions, ideas, please?
TheATeam

Re: VC10, baseball, caps, jackets etc. - survey

Post by TheATeam »

We (the team looking after ZD241) are hoping to have some merchandise ready for the next Bruntingthorpe open day, the proceeds going towards the upkeep of ZD241. We have had some trail stuff made up and we are going to decide on what to sell when we meet up for our next maintenance day in a couple of weekends time. Its taken us far longer to get this sorted then we wanted to put we are only doing this in our spare time and probably under estimated how long it would take.

As soon as we have news, we will let you know.
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

Nice one =D>
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

A VC10 tribute shirt was organised on this forum a couple of years ago and was very successful in raising some £285 towards keeping BOB alive, although that then changed to ZD241. As of today the money is still in the bank account waiting to be allocated, there was discussion about it being put towards the purchase of more merchandise but there has not been a Carers meeting or any updates for a long time now.

I would personally get at least serious interest or orders before pouring money into this. The majority of people (outside of this website) are still very interested in historic VC10 memorabilia, but not modern. I had many ideas for merchandise for the VC10der Loving Carers but...

Go very carefully, I lost a fair amount of my own money on the tribute shirts, people will always say one thing and then do another.
TheATeam

Post by TheATeam »

Thanks for that Thumper

The merchendise we intended on selling at the open days as been funded by the few engineers that work on 241, not the VC10der group as we felt this was the best way to provide direct funding for 241.

Hopefully what we sell at the open day will give us an indication to the things that sell and those that dont. We will also be making the stuff available online to buy as well.
Thumper

Post by Thumper »

My pleasure, good luck with your merchandise!
bobisqueen

Post by bobisqueen »

Well its all go and the merchandise is being made!

We will have the following available ready for the May open day: (Pictures and prices to follow soon)

13 Page Calender
Polo Shirts
Printed T Shirts
Mugs
Stickers
Patches
Posters
Phone covers
Plus hopefully a few other items if our supplier can get them made for us in time.

These will also be made available on our new soon to be up and running website!
Murray Keene

Post by Murray Keene »

=P~ =P~ :D =D> NICE ONE

leave booked - overalls ready - Skydrol goggles - CHECK!
Jelle Hieminga
Webmaster

Post by Jelle Hieminga »

bobisqueen wrote:These will also be made available on our new soon to be up and running website!
Looking forward to it, but you also reminded me that I needed to finish this page: http://www.vc10.net/Airframes/cn_863__gasgm.html
Enjoy!
Buttons . . . check. Dials . . . check. Switches . . . check. Little
colored lights . . . check.
bobisqueen

Post by bobisqueen »

Jelle Hieminga wrote: Looking forward to it, but you also reminded me that I needed to finish this page: http://www.vc10.net/Airframes/cn_863__gasgm.html
Enjoy!
Jelle, if you require any further information about 241 just drop me a PM, i'll be more than happy to help.

Ollie
Stevejones748

Post by Stevejones748 »

Hi I am one of the engineers that look after zd241 at bruntingthorpe. I have just launched a range of merchandise that we will be selling on 241 at the open days, it will also be available to purchase very soon on our new 241 website.
Please visit the zd241 preservation FB page for more details. Many thanks Steve.